Need Advice on relocating to Prague-Czech Republic

Hello,
I am from India and have 10 years of IT experience. I have been offered 70.000 CZK/month from Prague based company. I have following questions, I would like to know the answers based on your experience in Prague and would appreciate if you do not point me to any cost of living websites or any real estate websites.

1. is 70.000 CZK /month sufficient to leave there considering that I am moving with family of 3 members that includes a Kid.
2. will I make any saving monthly from that money? Off course it depends upon the our lifestyle but I would like to get some general answer based on how many CZK you spend every month there.
3. Since my wife will not do any job there, so will it safe for her to live alone there in house during my office timing?
4. what is the house rent (2 bed room) in Prague in upper middle class area and not in city centre? I have heard if you are foreigner, you will be  charged differently than local. please don't point to any real estate website for the answer, I would like know how much you spend monthly on rent.

Thanks,
AJ

GoodBro wrote:

Hello,
I am from India and have 10 years of IT experience. I have been offered 70.000 CZK/month from Prague based company. I have following questions, I would like to know the answers based on your experience in Prague and would appreciate if you do not point me to any cost of living websites or any real estate websites.

1. is 70.000 CZK /month sufficient to leave there considering that I am moving with family of 3 members that includes a Kid.
2. will I make any saving monthly from that money? Off course it depends upon the our lifestyle but I would like to get some general answer based on how many CZK you spend every month there.
3. Since my wife will not do any job there, so will it safe for her to live alone there in house during my office timing?
4. what is the house rent (2 bed room) in Prague in upper middle class area and not in city centre? I have heard if you are foreigner, you will be  charged differently than local. please don't point to any real estate website for the answer, I would like know how much you spend monthly on rent.

Thanks,
AJ

Welcome to Expat-Blog AJ

A lot of the questions you have about prices can be answered by looking here, at least until some others reply.
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … ity=Prague

I would say your wife will be fine there, it's a safe country and Praha is a great city.  Of course there are areas you might not want to walk alone at night around, but I don't think that's a factor for her? :)  Good luck

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

Thanks a lot Romaniac for your inputs.
I would like to get more opinions on this.

Regards,
AJ

Hi,

I don't know how is to live with family in Prague but I know that I am living with 19000 czk per month (neto) and I am still available to survive. So 70 000 should be enough if you know your boundry.

Czech Republic and Prague as it capital are really extremely safe. So don't worry if your wife will stay at home alone with the kids. She can even go out to také a walk, shopping or some ice cream. If she will feel insecure about something, she can always ask local policement where to go or for any kind of advice.

Now, regarding the appartment rents. If you are forigner, and you are trying to rent a flat without agency help (there are some online pages that are offering this kind of search), if you will be lucky enough to find a flat where owner speaks English (usually they speak German) you will pay between 9000-10000 czk per month with utilities. This is, of course out of the centre, and I am considering flat where one family can fit in. You can also také a flat of 13000czk. Utilities are arround 5000 czk for a family. Again that depends on lifestyle.

I believe that you will be able to save some money too. Because, just so you know, with 70000 czk is possible to live here quite luxurious. Ok, you have kids so depending on their age you will probably spend more money, but you should deffinitely be able to keep some money aside too.

Hope I helped you