Employment visa clearance for companies in muscat

Dear friends,
On behalf of my omani friend i am taking this chance to talk to an important matter.some companies are not getting employement clearance for their requirement due to certain reasons.my friend will do all the helps for getting the same.Those who want his help reply here.

If companies themselves are not able to get the required labour clearances, then it means that they have not met certain mandatory requirements as required by the Ministry of Manpower.

And no individual can manage to get them on behalf of the companies, by bypassing those requirements.

Ok

Dear sir

I worked in oman upto August 2015.I cancelled my visa properly.its a 2 year visa.i got a new offer in oman.but company not providing NOC.My company and visa providing company are different.my company only saying no for NOC.but visa providing company saying NOC no problem to give,but we want confirmation from your company.Its possible to get NOC.

Pls provide your whatsapp number...i dont have that much time to spend..once i get time i will msg..thank you

You will not get employment visa without NOC if two years have not been completed since you last cancelled your previous employment visa. The authorities are VERY strict about this and impossible to bypass this requirement in the present scenario.

eulutuna wrote:

Dear sir

I worked in oman upto August 2015.I cancelled my visa properly.its a 2 year visa.i got a new offer in oman.but company not providing NOC.My company and visa providing company are different.my company only saying no for NOC.but visa providing company saying NOC no problem to give,but we want confirmation from your company.Its possible to get NOC.

Hi eulutuna,

Companies rarely give its employees an NOC. If they do give, the company would lose that job clearance for good, from their allotted quota.

For this reason no company in its right mind would let go of its precious manpower clearance - for the benefit of an employee who has resigned, and who may in all probability return and join their direct competitor !

Oman has now become an entirely employer's market - not the employees.

The employer calls all the shots. The employee is at the receiving end.

This is the reality.

Sumitran Sir,

This information is on an  another blog and reproduced. So much of confusion on NOC. Not sure of veracity of the arguement. This is just for wider discussion

"There were and still are 2 ways of changing jobs in Oman.The common thread between the 2 is that the new employer has to obtain a clearance for your employment. This is the key requirement as there are multiple documents that have to be submitted by the new organization to secure your clearance proving that an expat is required and the role cannot be filled by an Omani (at least not to date). This is a very important document for any expat to get a visa. Now, what I was given to understand, a clearance issued is valid for 15-18 months before which it must be assigned/ issued to an expat. Once assigned to an expat, it stays as long as the expat is in the country. If the expat leaves the job after the initial 15-18 months, the clearance just expires. Why this is important becomes clear in the next part.

Coming back to the 2 ways of shifting jobs:

The first one used to be to leave the country getting your visa cancelled and the new organization applies for a new visa using their clearance. Now, this is where the NOC comes in. The NOC is a letter (just a letter in Arabic and English on the official letterhead) issued by the existing employer on your visa getting cancelled stating that they have cancelled your visa and that they have No Objection to you working elsewhere. Generally, this letter is given to the new employer at their request. So, the new employer takes all the documents that used to be previously as well required and add this NOC letter and apply for a new visa. Here the existing employer DOES NOT lose the clearance. But, they have to apply for a new clearance claiming it to be a REPLACEMENT CLEARANCE.This process takes anywhere between 3 weeks to 2 months. [This is a long time in business terms, and is a reason why employers are loathe to issue NOC's]

The second process used to be called transfer. Here the exisiting employer used to fill up and sign an official form and this used to be submitted by the new employer in the ministry transferring the clearance and visa to the new employer. In this case the expat simply stayed in the country and everything was done locally. This is now called a RELEASE. In case the existing employer now issues a Release, he loses his clearance. But, if the new employer has a clearance already and the employee has already completed 2 years, the existing employer still retains the right to ask for a new clearance (not a replacement clearance). This is where the trouble starts. The new clearance takes anywhere between 3-6 months.

Just the amount of time it takes to get either a Replacement or a New Clearance is what spoils the intentions of the existing employer.

But none of this is properly ever communicated to people and some organizations take their employees for a ride. In most cases, the existing company never loses a clearance or the right to apply for one. It is just that they do not want the employee to leave to competition. The fact that the media or relevant people never highlight this process properly gives everyone a wrong picture.

So - if you leave Oman, and cancel your visa, your employer can apply for a replacement clearance once your visa is cancelled, and should therefore have no problem with giving you a NOC once you've had your visa cancelled.

Well that changes things a bit doesn't it?"

http://www.muscatmutterings.com/2015/05 … -more.html

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share phone numbers on the forum , you could use our private message system for that.

Irrespective of whether new employer has clearance or not, ROP will reject the visa application if the employees release is not attached to the visa application or if two years have not passed since the employee last left Oman.

Sir I am a doctor.job offer from a private medical centre in Oman.told me to appear for prometric exam in India and passed.
Now told I have to appear for viva and asking me to come Muscut one day before viva and exit the next day to my country.
Hosp.hr telling me the travelling expenses  has to be born by me(candidate) and not re-embarsable.
I dont know  after clearing the viva how many days they will take to make licence to practice and make employment visa for me.
I am afraid if they take very long time I cant take another opportunity in Oman.
please can any body guide me in these aspects.how should I proceed.

@ sk4,

NOC is a mandatory document if an expat employee wishes to return to Oman.

To get companies to provide an NOC is easier said than done.

Also, the rules on this issue are very ambiguous and ever changing.

What is good today will not be good enough tomorrow.

And what is required today will not be required the day after. And vice versa.

Expat employees are in a very uncomfortable situation on account of all these issues.

There is no other option but to take it, or leave it. Unfortunately.

Greetings All... As per the original post, I'd assume never to use the aid of "backdoor" helpers as you may get ripped off or caught in a web of fraud. (My humble opinion).

I have a question: If manpower doesn't approve a labour clearance, besides a companies non attainment of Omanisation, what would be other possible reasons for them to deny a clearance?

Thanks...

Mr.netesh..
i got this information from one of my local ex collegue..my intension is clear..if someone helped by him..its great..as you mention if its a backdoor help better to avoid his offer...thats all...cheers...

Netesh wrote:

Greetings All... As per the original post, I'd assume never to use the aid of "backdoor" helpers as you may get ripped off or caught in a web of fraud. (My humble opinion).

I have a question: If manpower doesn't approve a labour clearance, besides a companies non attainment of Omanisation, what would be other possible reasons for them to deny a clearance?

Thanks...

Hi Netesh,

Reasons for a company to be denied a new labour clearance could be many. Non attainment of their Omanisation percentage is the primary one. However, besides Omanisation, the company must fulfill its numerous eligibility criteria and obligations : from proper registrations done with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, adhering to the proper paperwork requirements, to paying their corporate taxes on time, to meeting the stipulated quality standards, to many more. While these are all mandatory to be in business, many companies particularly the small and medium ones, fail to comply by the requirements, thus making them ineligible to hire any new expat workforce.

Dear Sumitran,

Thank you once again for an informative response. Your help is highly appreciated.

may get in touch on *************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : do not post personal contact details here for your own security

Please, how can I get Employment visa to Oman?

I have my own establishment and want to activate some of the activities approved in the commercial registrationbut visa is an obstacle.
Can you guide me to the procedure and how helpful your friend will be.

Husain Sultan
my email: ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct