Volunteering in Qatar

Hi,

While living abroad, some expats wish to get involved in the local community life.

What organizations expats can turn to if they want to volunteer in Qatar?

How to join a charitable institution, what are the steps?

Which causes have the greatest need for volunteers in Qatar?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice,

Maximilien

I do regular volunteering. Some of the groups / activities I joined recently are:

1. Qatar Volunteers - they have a Facebook page where they put their events. The most recent one is "iftar drive" where we packed (day 1) and distributed (day 2) iftar packs to motorists.

2. Qatar Animal Welfare Society (QAWS) - for animal lovers, QAWS is a good place to visit especially on a weekend. I normally go there during cooler months, I volunteer to take a dog or two for a walk around the area.

3. Waseef - this organization spearheaded a volunteering event where we packed (day 1) and distributed (day 2) snack packs for people who work in the street, especially laborers

Rc

Hello, am really very interested to do and to help all needs.
My name is ourouba, 1962, am a civil engineer and having salon meanwhile.,

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please exchange your contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

i really want to know how it works

I personally haven't been a part of any volunteering community but especially during summers you can see alot of labourers in construction and stuff!! Just get something for them and hand it over to someone so they can distribute it themselves!! It brought me some peace! Hope u find it too!

Asallamualeykum my name is zameer and at present i am in doha by profession i am a  physiotherapist and i am really interested to do help to others and needy peoples.
Jazak allah Qhair

Hi,
    Thank you for your message.I am interested in Volunteering in Qatar. Please how do I go about it? Thank you and reply soon.
Samuel Arthur

Hello,

I would really like to be volunteer in Qatar. Would you please give me some additional information on how to apply and the process please?

Thanks

Hi Rahel Hailu & tawiaharthur,

Please note that we launched this Topic so as to gather information about all the questions we did ask above which might be helpful for members who want to get involve in the community life in Qatar.

I will invite you to please drop an advert in the Volunteering in Qatar section :)

Thank you

Maximilien