Confused between UAE AND TURKEY !

If you have the option to live in UAE or Turkey ! what would you choose ?! 
Your advices Please !

Hi Bibi,

Welcome to the Turkey forum. I would advise you to introduce yourself to the New Members section on the forum. This will help you interact with other members better.

Z

Regarding your query, the answer would depend on certain factors.

What is your current status in Dubai?
What are you being offered in Turkey?
What are your preferences at the moment (financial, social, geographical, political)?
What is your current satisfaction level in UAE?
What are you looking to change and is it being offered in Turkey?
What is your original background?

All these and many more questions will be helpful in determining whether you will be more adjusted in UAE or Turkey.

Good luck!
Z

nice answer ! but i mean on the social level ! life ,nature,culture ............

Again, it all depends on what you are looking for.

Coming from Pakistan, and having resided in both Dubai & Turkey, I can only give you my personal experiences but that would be just my side,

UAE is extremely relaxed and enjoyable as compared to Turkey, provided you can easily afford it.
Social life, you can enjoy in both countries though it is more upscale in UAE.
Nature wise, Turkey has  a lot more to offer as it has a vast landscape compared with the desert in UAE.
Culture wise, Turkey also has a lot more to offer. It has a rich history and great architecture.
Though you often feel the desire to back in UAE, longing for solitude and the privacy of life that UAE offers.

Hope this helps.
Z

Xeeschan wrote:

UAE is extremely relaxed and enjoyable as compared to Turkey, provided you can easily afford it.

Hello Z
Is that really true that you can easily afford it? UAE was extremely expensive when I was there!

Aqu,

I said 'provided you can easily afford it'

It means that UAE is enjoyable if you can afford it.

Hope this clears the confusion.
Z

Aqu wrote:

Hello Z
Is that really true that you can easily afford it? UAE was extremely expensive when I was there!

I don't have any advice BUT I have exactly the same situation 'n need help. Thanks to you.

No problem Nizar,
Glad the thread was helpful for you.
Z

NizarAli wrote:

I don't have any advice BUT have exactly the same situation 'n need help. Thanks to you.

Zeeshan You know most of us "Pakistanees" live in own houses. I have my own house and some agricultural property. My wife has her own house. we live togather with our 4 children. I am "by practice not by qualification" IT professional have own computer services business. 
I like to live in turkey inspired by its beauty, culture, history, weather and many more things. But worried about the living expenses and job opportunities. Please suggest me the precautions and preparation to step in to Turkey.

Yes  i'm  interested

Hi Nizar
I agree Turkey has a rich history but I am not really sure what exactly you know about Turkey's 'beauty', 'culture' and especially the 'many more things' that you talk about, beyond what you have seen in Ishqe Mamnoo and Mera Sultan. Because that is only what you see on television. It is like watching F6/Islamabad on television and then start dreaming about coming over to Pakistan. In other words, if you can afford a house in F6, buying groceries at four the price of EesaJi, and your kid's education at thrice the price of Froebel's, you might want to come over here.

The main concern about Pakistanis' is usually how much money you can save and send home. Considering the taxes and prices here, I am afraid that would be a bit of a problem.

Also, some things that you should really google and read about in the online news, before you want to move here is

Unemployment in Turkey
Turkish Lira sinking vs Dollar
Influx of Syrian refugees and its effect on economy

Just a few realistic head starts to get you started. Hope this helps.

Good luck
Z

NizarAli wrote:

Zeeshan You know most of us "Pakistanees" live in own houses. I have my own house and some agricultural property. My wife has her own house. we live togather with our 4 children. I am "by practice not by qualification" IT professional have own computer services business. 
I like to live in turkey inspired by its beauty, culture, history, weather and many more things. But worried about the living expenses and job opportunities. Please suggest me the precautions and preparation to step in to Turkey.

What exactly are you interested in, Youness?

youness lahouir wrote:

Yes  i'm  interested

Is this also true for single women in UAE??? After 25 years in Turkey, I'm finding it more and more difficult to be a female in Istanbul!! Could I drive in UAE? At least I have this freedom here.

Interested to learn more. Thanks

Hi,

I think Dubai is equally great for a woman, as it is for a man! As I mentioned earlier, if you can afford is, Dubai is one cool place to live in. Yes, the weather can get killing in Summers, though thankfully it's completely air-conditioned.

Simply, can women drive? Absolutely Yes!!
Is there freedom (for women)? Absolutely Yes (again)!

I would suggest getting a visit visa, and having a taste yourself!

Hope this helps. : )
Z

Stone Owl Cottage Studios wrote:

Is this also true for single women in UAE??? After 25 years in Turkey, I'm finding it more and more difficult to be a female in Istanbul!! Could I drive in UAE? At least I have this freedom here.

Interested to learn more. Thanks

HI,
I have been living in Dubai for the past 12 years and I realised I did a mistake going to UAE, it was good back in 2001 but after crisis everything there got worse, soooo expensive; they say there is no tax but everything there is more expensive then London.  No weather, all desert. many expats there are under depression. if you call a psychiatrist there they are always fully book for the next month. 

There you will only find luxury life like a life in a bubble.  you can never save money there.  If you just want a luxury life that place is good for you. the only place to enjoy is either malls or clubs; nothing else. No nature. No rain. No winter.  for anything you must pay pay pay..... so That was my opinion after 12 years of living there. now I am here in Istanbul and I love it, I never want to go back to Dubai.

Am I mistaken or is it Dubai where the tanker trucks line up in 10km lines waiting to pump
out the cess pools in residential areas? Seems they didn't install a good sewer system
when they built all those multi-million dollar towers. Or maybe I am mistaking Dubai for
some other country.

Istanbul has its faults, but so far, the phones, sewers and public transportation is better than
average.

Once upon a time, I lived in Greece. There was a 10 year waiting period to get a house phone!

I live in a village, far from the city and I'm so so so happy here! Life is good!

Stay safe everyone and buckle up, we're in for a rough few months/years.

PS my daughter has a friend teaching in Dubai. She's originally from Jordan. She hates it there but is earning good/great money so she stays. I'm so glad I don't have to do that.
I can't think of anything worse for your psyche than waking up in the morning and hating
your job and your living conditions. A good social life isn't a 'trade-off' for happiness. Don't want to live in a place where MONEY'S KING.... so sad. Just my opinion of course. To each
his/her own.

I had a good laugh after reading your observations. : ) This was a good perspective too, especially when you spoke about the sewer issues. I also happened to see the video on youtube a few years ago, and also the 2009 issue that arose due to mishandling of the truck, but since then the municipality has had the issue effectively resolved.
I mean logically, if one has finances to build tallest skyscrapers and man-made islands, one can take care of sewage too. : )

And you are absolutely right about Istanbul having better than average facilities.

But life in a village can definitely be a an absolute blessing,you are totally right!  :)
Z

Stone Owl Cottage Studios wrote:

Am I mistaken or is it Dubai where the tanker trucks line up in 10km lines waiting to pump
out the cess pools in residential areas? Seems they didn't install a good sewer system
when they built all those multi-million dollar towers. Or maybe I am mistaking Dubai for
some other country.

Istanbul has its faults, but so far, the phones, sewers and public transportation is better than
average.

Once upon a time, I lived in Greece. There was a 10 year waiting period to get a house phone!

I live in a village, far from the city and I'm so so so happy here! Life is good!

Stay safe everyone and buckle up, we're in for a rough few months/years.

PS my daughter has a friend teaching in Dubai. She's originally from Jordan. She hates it there but is earning good/great money so she stays. I'm so glad I don't have to do that.
I can't think of anything worse for your psyche than waking up in the morning and hating
your job and your living conditions. A good social life isn't a 'trade-off' for happiness. Don't want to live in a place where MONEY'S KING.... so sad. Just my opinion of course. To each
his/her own.