Warm areas in canada

Hi,
i  live in Nairobi Kenya and interested in moving to Canada .Kenya has a pretty warm climate and our cold seasons are quite bearable.I am aware of the cold climate in most if not all parts of Canada  :| ,however i would like to get some help in knowing the warm areas/provinces in Canada.
Looking forward to get some help .  :)

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Pauline

Well, unless you are fortunate enough to be able to settle in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia (Vancouver and surrounding area / Victoria) then you'd best get used to the idea of needing to buy lots and lots of warm clothes, warm hats, heavy socks, boots and gloves to get you through the winter months. Even Vancouver, which generally has very mild but rainy winters, does get snow most years. It is however, without a doubt the most expensive part of Canada to live in, and you may find it difficult to find work there, since it has long been on of the top three cities chosen by newcomers to Canada.

If you simply can't deal with cold temperatures, then there are very many places that you should avoid completely. Northern Quebec, Northern Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan won't please you in the least.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you James for the information.  :)

Bear with me here...I fell in love with PEI and Breton, Nova Scotia///I get that Prince Edward Island is cold...But...How many months of the year is it iced over.  I was there in October of 2011 and it was wonderful in both PEI and Breton NS....How homebound are people in PEI or NS during the winter?

pmuiyuro wrote:

Hi,
i  live in Nairobi Kenya and interested in moving to Canada .Kenya has a pretty warm climate and our cold seasons are quite bearable.I am aware of the cold climate in most if not all parts of Canada  :| ,however i would like to get some help in knowing the warm areas/provinces in Canada.
Looking forward to get some help .  :)

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Pauline

Hi Pauline,

The warmest province (although only a certain area can be classified as "the warmest") would be British Columbia in Western Canada.  Although most people around the world automatically think "Vancouver" ... which sees a lot of rainfall and moderate summer temps, the areas to concentrate on, would be anything surrounding Kamloops to the North, to Osoyoos to the Canadian Border.   These areas can see anything up to 38c-40c in the summer months.   

Myself here in Kelowna, I've witnessed a VERY DRY summer this year, with almost no rain to talk about.  Since late May, I could could hourly rainfall on one hand .. which unfortunately, has produced a large number of wildfires in this area in particular.  Although we all love a hot summer, most of BC will look forward to winter this year, as the budget and stress of firefighting efforts has been stretched massively in 2015 already (and we are only in mid August!!!).

Map showing the area for Kamloops to Osoyoos:
https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Kamloops, BC/Osoyoos, BC/@50.3418897,-118.7149785,8z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x537e2cd33d0d3b31:0xd23e96aa9a6945e7!2m2!1d-120.3272674!2d50.674522!1m5!1m1!1s0x5482c5b162651d67:0x9138986d547b0fcc!2m2!1d-119.468163!2d49.032304!3e0

All the best.

Not sure what happened to that link above, as it appeared to lose the " " in the original URL (prior to approval).

Anyway, here is the short URL: https://goo.gl/maps/Z09FO

All the best.

Hi calum
Thanks for the helpful response,I am also wondering about the employment prospects there.I am 24 years old.I have a bachelors  degree in business Administration with a major in Finance and banking plus I am also pursuing my CFA studies.
I also have 3 years working experience.i am applying via the express entry system and i am just about to take my IELT test as it is required in the express entry system program.I have my eye on British Columbia area(Vancouver and the surroundings)  anywhere where i would experience growth in my career.and I am praying that everything goes well and that i find a job there after submitting my profile to the job bank.

So how are the employment prospects?

You are most welcome pmuiyuro.

To be honest, comparing with Central Scotland (my original home) ... I found seeking employment in our part of BC (Okanagan Valley) extremely difficult.  Okay, like anywhere in the world these days, job hunting is far from easy, but especially in our area.   It's more about the lifestyle here (hot weather, stunning scenery, the great outdoors and general recreation.  If you land the ideal career in the valley, you have it MADE!!!

Now, reading your skills and qualifications, your story could be very different, obviously I can't honesty say one way or another? ... however, I'd imagine cities like Vancouver would present better career opportunities, based on "big city" businesses and potential openings companies are advertising for?

Anyway, best of luck in your search .. and keep us informed on your progress.

Kind Regards.

thank you calum.  :)