Single Pakistani mother wishing to relocate to Dubai/UAE

Hello all, I am a single Pakistani mother of a 4 year old baby wishing to relocate to Dubai or any other emirate of UAE with my husband-to-be. The court has ordered permanent custody to me while the father has visitation rights within court premises. The issue in the entire case is that during child-father meetings, the father continuously says such things to my child that he gets disturbed. He tells him things and issues way beyond his age. My child often cries at home remembering the things his father has said to him. I cant let my child's personality spoil this way. This is the reason why I want to take him out of the country until he becomes a bit grown up to understand his things so that his personality remains intact. Can we move to UAE?

I need suggestions and guidance from experienced people, esp. those who might have faced such situations. Thank you all for reading :)

Regards,
Sonia Khan

Probably cant move in as a couple with the husband to be until he becomes the husband. You both need to get employment in UAE to get visa, and then once you both are in UAE you can live together again. Him getting a visa will not get u into UAE, and you getting a visa will only grant ur kid a companion visa, not ur partner.

If we get married then his getting an employment visa can get me in, right?

Yes if his salary is above a certain limit - I guess 5000 AED per month - then he can sponser his wife and step son.

Would he be needing any legal papers relating to his relation with my son? Or simply his marriage certificate with me is enough for the company to sponsor my son?

Court documents giving you custody, and if the father has visitation rights then his permission would be required to apply for visa.

His permission would be required only for the visa step or afterwards for any other step also?

soniakhan wrote:

His permission would be required only for the visa step or afterwards for any other step also?

Simply:
1. a court decree/order that you have 'full custody' and
2. he has no objection that you take him out of country (as he wont be able to meet his child after that, but that's your intention anyway)

he will never sign the no objection letter :(

soniakhan wrote:

he will never sign the no objection letter :(

Why?

As he would never allow me to take his son in another country

He has rights as a father, you should understand that, as do you

Hi Sonia!
I am also going to move to Dubai, please write me back to my e-mail/ *******************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Are you also a single mother?

as long as you have custody of your son you dont need an objection letter from him. your circumstances were similar to mine. as long as you have a divorce decree granting you custody no problem. your salary has to be above 7500 for you to be able to sponsor your son.

Why did you choose Dubai? I would think it would be easier to relocate to different city in Pakistan, than to a different country. To move to different country, you will need a sponsor (usually your employer). Dubai is expensive. Have you checked housing prices, school prices, etc? I wish you the best.

You are right. We were considering this option as survival in Dubai is very difficult due to the fact that it is very expensive. However, the problem is that in Pakistan, it can become easier for my ex husband to locate us and then he would again start creating disturbance in our lives.

Hi everybody,

Please note that some off topic posts have been removed.

Thanks,

Priscilla :)

miss Sonia , i read your sad story , i feel  your kid and you both are in grip of your painful past , i will suggest, you should  leave the UAE and settle some where else like  Canada , Australia. I believe you have to be strong in every means. you will see every thing will be alright. first control your emotions and keep your kid close to you ,Do not discuss any matter in front him. and your settlement in an other country is not difficult just you require up to date information . so first accept this tragedy because we are human ,we do mistake ,we cry ,we laugh, Time will heal every wound . { i am really sorry i thought you are in UAE and just want to shift in an other emirate, now i read other review and realise my mistake }

This is a good option that the court assigns some legal advisor to be with the child during meetings but you see Pakistani courts are not that prompt. The application takes a lot of time to be processed and already my child has heard enough of the bad things from his father. I cannot give those extra months and years to his father to further damage my child's mind meanwhile the application is getting processed in the court. This is why I want to move and once he grows up and is able to understand things like around the age of 8 or 9, I will tell him the entire story. I will not hide anything from him whatsoever

Hi, yes u can but in my opinion u should come on visit visa, search a better job then u can live upto 2 years ( visa validity period )

yes, this is a good option

Hi Sonia, Do you have any work experience?

yes one year as a content developer or content writer and one year as a teacher. Currently, i am teaching at a school. I am looking forward towards getting a teaching job as in that way, i will get home early as compared to some other job and be there with my child.

what is the age of your child, have you considered before taking step to UAE, who will take care of your kid while you r on job? Do you have any contact / relation in UAE? i have faced difficulties in UAE, but difficult times dont remain same always, what about the education of your kid?

He is a school going boy, 4 year old. I will get him into a school while I am doing a school teacing job either in his school or some other school. So he will be in his school and if the teacher's school timings are one or two hour more than children's then i would get him in a day care centre for the same time

sorry to ask you to these question, the main point to make you ready when you will be here, how would you manage the day care centre's fee, which is more than a school teacher's fee, think about it plz, i dont want to break your plan, just explaining you the real scenerio in UAE, instead of day care center baby sitting will suit to you, my email address
************** i wish you all the best

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

yes definitely, we would have to weigh these options and then take a decision

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : share your personal details in private pls

I dont know the Private Mode, anyways Sonia if you need any kind of cooperation in Sharjah, let me know i'll do my best if i can take care,

thank you so much sir!