Exit Ony and reentry after 4 months from and back to Riyadh

Hi to all on the forum,

I am a new user, I have been in kingdom for 11 years, I decided to leave the kingdom on a exit only, I  had 4 months off, I returned back to the kingdom in Riyadh on a new contract as a business consultant for a different company, as usual I`m on a 3 month business visa before getting perm Iqama etc.

I have joined a company who actually does contract work for the company  I left, however I have been on this new consultancy role for two weeks, my job with the previous company was  totally different.

the issue I am facing is that the old company are now saying that I needed to be out of the kingdom for at least 2 years  before returning to kingdom.

I am sure this is not the case, but I cant find anything in the labor law confirming the time period. Does anyone know of such a rule, if so have they got any links that have written references, thanks in advance

regards

Allan

There's no such rule unless you have signed a no-competition agreement or whatever they call it. My previous company tried to blackmail and wouldn't give me my last payment. Eventually they succumbed to a legal action threat and cleared my payments. I don't think there is any such thing in the law. You can even get an iqama from your new employer. Nothing stops you unless they have some agreement with your signatures.

Allan Muir wrote:

Hi to all on the forum,

I am a new user, I have been in kingdom for 11 years, I decided to leave the kingdom on a exit only, I  had 4 months off, I returned back to the kingdom in Riyadh on a new contract as a business consultant for a different company, as usual I`m on a 3 month business visa before getting perm Iqama etc.

I have joined a company who actually does contract work for the company  I left, however I have been on this new consultancy role for two weeks, my job with the previous company was  totally different.

the issue I am facing is that the old company are now saying that I needed to be out of the kingdom for at least 2 years  before returning to kingdom.

I am sure this is not the case, but I cant find anything in the labor law confirming the time period. Does anyone know of such a rule, if so have they got any links that have written references, thanks in advance

regards

Allan

Thanks for the quick response, I've also heard similar statements about no reference about how long you have to stay outside the kingdom, I've been through the labor law and can't see any reference to the alleged two year ruling

Thanks for the response

Regards

Allan

Though not a wide-spread common practice, but some companies do add clauses in the employment contracts asking employees to agree that they won't join any competitor for the next 2 years after leaving them.

You won't find it in the labor law as there is nothing in there like that.

There is nothing to worry about. I know of a bunch of cases where old employers sued ex-employees coming on new visas. In ALL such cases I know of, employees were the ones who won the cases eventually.

Allan Muir wrote:

Thanks for the quick response, I've also heard similar statements about no reference about how long you have to stay outside the kingdom, I've been through the labor law and can't see any reference to the alleged two year ruling

Thanks for the response

Regards

Allan

I have just had an update and it seems if my current company continue to use myself, for future work, passes will be rejected and work will be withdrawn from the current company I consult for, (I`m not on contract yet, but I'm here as a consultant), this has all came from one individual from my old company, my current company obviously won't take a risk, as they stand to lose over SR300,000,000 quarterly, so it is a lot of money at risk, soI guess I am on a losing streak here, to be honest if it were my business, I wouldn't take the risk either, thanks for the response

Allan

Why not join your old job again?

Doing my old job again is not an option, I need to progress with my career, this was a career stopper so to speak, so need to move on, thanks anyway, if you have a telecoms background in operations, I can recommend you.

Wish you good luck with your career, I am sure you can find other companies with better prospects. (Try bayt.com)

And your offer is much appreciated, but I am not in telecom  :|

Hi

Ive never heard of this forum before but it is really good to talk to other expats with similar questions and queries, I already have two job interviews lined up for tomorrow,

Thanks guys

Allan

All the best

All the best! Its unfortunate that employers can cause us this much headache just for the sake of it