Can I Vent?

I'm not a cry baby but a crappy day is a crappy day.  The ?$%& hit the fan at work, my company is jerking me around, and nothing like a 6-inch piece of #3 rebar finding its way into the center of your tire.  Gosh I love changing flats on a dusty, windy, and hot job-site.  What a day.  I wish I said I feel better but I don't.  But I did vent.  Feel free to join in and be "mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

Ive been through several dozen of those ecstatic times CivEng. It will pass....

Hey Civ - Im sorry to hear that you had a bad day!  :o

It does get better and it will get better!  You just have to hang in there... :)  Keep your thoughts positive!

You'll soon realize that it's just another day in the calendar. It's good to vent, better than exploding later on and going postal. Next sit down, we'll all go around and share stories of the bs that we wouldn't be taking in other parts of the world :)

Speaking of tires, I went to get a tire rotation, found there were literally chunks missing from one of my tires. Cost of replacement: 1,700 SAR. In stock. Nope. Driving on a risky tire. Nice.

This might make ya feel better: YouTube Video

Well, I would love the honour to actually be there to have such a crappy day ;)

@civengr - hey, we have a saying here "it's a shit day in KSA" but the saying has two meanings (1) Blue skies, beautiful hot sun, braai cooking up a feast and your right next to the swimming pool.  (2) a day like you have just had.  We choose to always think of (1), even and especially when we are having (2) - close your eyes, breathe, put some decent sounds on, lie back and tell me you are not thinking of (1).

Does that make your day any better mate?  Failing that - come round this week some time for a coffee and a rant! :)

Saq-81 wrote:

Hey, be careful what you wish for :|

Saq-81 wrote:

Awww Saq you'll be here soon enough pal! LOL Just make the most of Mama's home cooking cos you'll more thank likely be savoring the delights of Uncle Ronald and his pre-packaged peeps when you do get out here!

Last nights dinner was an absolute godsend btw. Thanks to everyone that made it such a great night! I'm looking forward to the next one already!

Doing the later.  Got the tunes goin, and just trying to gel.

BTW. Great evening last night.  Awesome event.

Hey CivEngr,

I had the day from hell. I worked all day to try to get a financial reporting system in place only to be told by my boss that it was too political and that I could not implement it! F####R! Then I got home and the slob of f## f### of my room mate sleeps on the couch so I can not watch TV and I am forced to go hang out in my room. BTW, the fridge is the size of a cooler and has to handle 3 people, I have one bottle of milk and two mars bars. I almost threw in the towel, but this K F##### SA man!

I hope you feel better, because I dont!

Sorry, I was supposed to write

"this is K F##### SA man!

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
Saq-81 wrote:

yeah, what a doofus.

......and still they come
Remember, Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds?

Well, a bird crapped on my car!!! :o

Call Dick Cheney and he'll get rid of the feathered fiend in no time

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
Saq-81 wrote:

Mailman is making it sound like a holiday camp!

he says its good!

Hey vented (and a few of you did too).  I feel better.  It is a new day!  Hope everyone has a good day! :)

Yep, it will turn around as the sun rises. There will be more to come, some not so good, some baaaad, and some ugly while there will also be the wonderful ones. No different from any other place on the planet except that it comes with an Arabian Nights flavor, camels, sand, sun, belly dancing, et al.

All we gotta do is to do what we gotta do and move on until the last farewell.

All true except the belly dancing part.  Haven't seen any of that around here.

What a day!!! :|

Guess I'm lucky--most of my days are pretty good (but then again, I do lead a sheltered existence :P ).

Oh, and Civ?  The UPSIDE is you weren't changing that tire in driving rain! :) (I still love the fact that everyday is sunshine here!).

CivEngr wrote:

All true except the belly dancing part.  Haven't seen any of that around here.

Can be arranged.... Over to you expat-blog logistics VP

Like I say, option 1 anytime - blue skies :)

As for belly dancing ;)

HAPPY DAYS everyone - in the face of adversity EXCEL!:)

Blue Skies, all of the time.
Enjoy the music by good old Willie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSCplj40uuY

...and for the tummy ticklers and also for Curts benefit, a small dose of Shakira doing her belly thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJsZR3w776E

Personally, Im looking forward to my feet not being freezing cold as a normal state of affairs.

Needless to say, foot temperature played a big part in my decision to leave the UK. Though it was not the sole consideration :cool:

CivEngr wrote:

I'm not a cry baby but a crappy day is a crappy day.  The ?$%& hit the fan at work, my company is jerking me around, and nothing like a 6-inch piece of #3 rebar finding its way into the center of your tire.  Gosh I love changing flats on a dusty, windy, and hot job-site.  What a day.  I wish I said I feel better but I don't.  But I did vent.  Feel free to join in and be "mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

Hey Buddy,

Hang in there these days will not pass by but you will start feeling better with these crappy days.

I always keep a positive approach in my life that whatever happens, happens for your own good. So i am sure this crappy day might also benefit you some day.

Anil

I like to believe that all crappy days must come to an end

Saq-81 wrote:

Personally, Im looking forward to my feet not being freezing cold as a normal state of affairs.

Needless to say, foot temperature played a big part in my decision to leave the UK. Though it was not the sole consideration :cool:

Am I going to be the only one to pull Saq up on that bit of desperate word play?! haha

I think many of us were hoping it was a typo rather than an intentional gag! Which, by the way, it made me!

LOL

mailman13 wrote:

I think many of us were hoping it was a typo rather than an intentional gag! Which, by the way, it made me!

LOL

The only thing funny about it is YOUR response, mailman13 :lol::lol::lol:

Alliecat wrote:
mailman13 wrote:

LOL

The only thing funny about it is YOUR response, mailman13 :lol::lol::lol:

LOL Cheers Allie! Just warming up for when he FINALLY gets here! ;0)

I think Saq is gonna be a great asset in this war of the worlds on the forum

Don't inflate his ego more than necessary - his luggage allowance is only 30 kilos!!!

He still will have to let off all the steam that has built up during the past month or so at Manarat

mailman13 wrote:
Saq-81 wrote:

Am I going to be the only one to pull Saq up on that bit of desperate word play?! haha

LOL

jealousy is terrible thing mailman.

dont let it eat you up inside, son! ;)

jealousy is green...
and today green is gold

Oh, I don't think mailman13 has anything to be jealous about ;)

...except for the fact that he cant walk in to the White Horse and say "set me up darling"?

Saq-81 wrote:
mailman13 wrote:
Saq-81 wrote:

LOL

Nothing to do with it Saq - I think you have misunderstood Mailman.  I am with Mailman on this and thought the same as he posted and was also waiting for someone to comment on the pun!  Clearly you made a funny without realising it!  Well spotted Mailman :)

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
Saq-81 wrote:
mailman13 wrote:

LOL

Nothing to do with it Saq - I think you have misunderstood Mailman.  I am with Mailman on this and thought the same as he posted and was also waiting for someone to comment on the pun!  Clearly you made a funny without realising it!  Well spotted Mailman :)

LOL of course it was intentional!

goodness, all this analysis has taken the shine off what was initially a superb, if understated pun :(