Searching a job in UAE

Hello all,

I am trying to find a job, so I can move with my family (they live abroad from me) hopefully to UAE.
I have been online for several months and tried my luck to search for a job online and also went on bayt.com but so far without any luck... did pay some fees and must say, it was so far not worth a dime. I have applied on several jobs online on several pages in UAE and from around 100 - 150 applies, I received 3 negative feedbacks. 3 out of a hundred.

As I do not know how it works in UAE, here in Switzerland you have many companies that are specialized in Job hunting for you.
Reading about UAE, I have read, that a lot of people just walk in and try to get a job on such way. I am planning to go back to UAE beginning of next year and try my luck searching while I am there.

Are there companies, where I can walk in introduce myself and they will try to search a job for me ? Does that exist, or do I just walk from company to company and ask for a job ? If I would try that here, I would end up at the front desk and sent away. Without an appointment, you usually do not get a job. How are you doing that, living in UAE ? Can you share your experiences ?

Thank you for any feedbacks,

Mike from Switzerland

Hi Mike,

I'm Nikki.  I'm in Dubai for over 10 Years & have many businesses in Dubai.

In Dubai,  who you know is more important than what you know.  So,  you have to  come to Dubai & meet the "RIGHT"  people.

Dubai is the land of opportunities,  where many people have achieved their Dreams.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

With Best Wishes,

Nikki

Hi Mike and Nikki, hope you both well.
My name is Hemn and I live in Australia, just wanted to share my experience in searching for work in Dubai. Just as Mike has described his attempt and effort to find work in Dubai, I have had done exactly the same except I actually tried to go there myself and try it first hand. In 2008, I decided to go there and look for work, I stayed with a friend of mine for 2 months and while there I went to meet many firms, organisations, carrier expo and phoned hundreds of places but I failed to find anything. I was very disheartened and extremely disappointed as I was forced to come back to Australia. After that I decided to pursue further studies in order to make my candidacy much more presentable and appealing, I have 2 Masters in International law and a degree in Law and political science. I was still very keen to try Dubai again after my first attempt. In 2013, we decided as a family, my wife and 2 children to give it another chance as life was and still very difficult economically, we sold everything and got on the plane and headed to Dubai. We stayed 4 months and tried everything but failed again to secure work, and after exploring all the options, We finally ran out of money and decided once more to return to Australia.

I have to say that experience has effected me greatly, both financially and psychologically as I'm still eager to get back there and work and live there. I really like life there, it is easy and social life is amazing.

I wanted to share my story with you guys, I'm not trying to discourage Mike in anyway, I just think you need to organize your trip and plan it well. I don't think failing in trying to achieve your dream should stop you from trying as I'm still not giving up on my dream but I just don't have the money to move there again. I wish you all the best.

As for Nikki, I would really appreciate if you could help me in anyway to find work either in Dubai, Abudhabi or Qatar, I really need to find a job as Australia is extremely doing it tough at the moment.

Thank you,
Hemn

Hi Mike,
It's me Hemn again, I know you looking for work in Dubai but I was wondering if you could help me as well to find work in Switzerland? I went there last year once to attend United Nations Convention on Human Rights and I really loved it, since then I tried so hard to find work there as well but no luck. Would you be able to help me in anyway or introduce me to someone? I'm happy to send you my CV if possible for you.

Thank you very much and good luck with job hunting in Dubai.

Best, Hemn

Hi Hemn,

I'm a Resident of Dubai for the last 11 Years,  only bcos there is No Income Tax in Dubai.

I had No Money when I came to Dubai.  But Earned so good money,  that I can stay in 5 Star Hotels & Holiday All over the world with my family,  EVERY MONTH, ,  from the income tax Saved.  Still I Save much more Income Tax.

We are also a group of investors,  who invest in Banks,  Mines,  infrastructure projects,  etc All over the world.

Dubai is indeed the land of opportunities. 

If you are interested in making Big Honest,  legal,  money,  then surely dubai is the place.

I  can definitely show you some very good opportunities,  like I've shown many Friends in the last 8-10 Years.

All the best & God bless.

Best Regards,

Nikki.

Hi Nikki,
Thank you very much for your fast response and I'm glad that you are doing great there.

I really need your help and I'm a very hard working person with lots experience.

How can I email you privately? I hope you can reach out and provide some support.

Thanks again,
Best wishes, Hemn

Please message me privately on ******

Moderated by Stéphanie 8 years ago
Reason : Please don't give your personal email address
NikkiVS wrote:

Hi Mike,

I'm Nikki.  I'm in Dubai for over 10 Years & have many businesses in Dubai.

In Dubai,  who you know is more important than what you know.  So,  you have to  come to Dubai & meet the "RIGHT"  people.

Dubai is the land of opportunities,  where many people have achieved their Dreams.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

With Best Wishes,

Nikki

Hello i'm algerian , and a student in second year in science of sport , i'll be in dubai for 45 days and i need a vacancies job or any job if you can help me i appreciate a lot ( i speak : arabic , french and english )

Hello Nikki,

Thank you for your reply. I would appreciate to have any help, especially, if you knew the right people. May I ask, where you are originally from and how you did start ? Of course have already 10 years past but still interesting to hear. I work in IT for 20 years and would like to find a job either as a Team-Leader or in Projects. I have many experiences and would like to try a new challenge.

It would be nice to find a Job in Abu Dhabi as I have been told, that it is a good place to live with a family.

Thank you very much for your offer Nikki,

Greetings,

Mike

Hello Hemn,

I did setup an answer to you and somehow it suddenly disappeared :(

In short terms, I did answer you, that it is also not that easy to find a job in Switzerland and that we usually use either Vitamin B (as we call it, to find a job through a friend or colleague) or through a head hunter.

https://targetjobs.co.uk/careers-advice … witzerland

Try the above link, I assume will help you to start to understand, how it works in Switzerland.

I am from Basel and worked as a consultant for many years at Novartis. Besides Novartis there is also Roche, which is another hugh Pharmaceutical Company. Try their sites, they have tons of offers.

Hopefully, that will help you to understand, how it works here. (Still impressed you have your masters and other papers and not finding a job... I wish I had that and was as good:)

Wish you all the best,

Greetings,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Pl send me a private message on my email  : ****

Regards,

Nikki

Moderated by Stéphanie 8 years ago
Reason : Please don't give your email address on the forum for your own security