Things to do in Goiânia during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in Goiânia?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in Goiânia?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

We usually visit Flamboyant Mall and surrounding restaurants. Or just hangout where we live in Aldeia. I recommend taking a trip to Caldas Novas if you have a long weekend.

Craig

There is a town named Nova Venezia that hosts an annual Italian festival. It is a nice way to spend a day. As to the average weekend, I spend it with family and friends. I spoil my nieces and nephews, talk with old and new friends, cook, play cards, pool and fooseball on my own tables brought from the USA. In two weeks I'll host my second Superbowl party.

Caldas Novas is just a few hours away and a great getaway destination. I love the beaches of the NE and recommend them highly. Christalina (pardon the spelling) is a very interesting town that produces semi precious stones. The smoking grass is from the sun focused through those stones setting the grass afire-cool. Beware the merchants here are not fools but bargains abound.

I admit my life is probably boring to most but i have always liked the simple things. The laughter of my nieces as i toss them into the air. Helping my nephew understand computer technology. Providing a comfortable place for the students in the family to study and bring their friends to hang out.

There are rodeos and concerts. Auto racing and the Hippie Fair. Oh, and while I was walking around the Castello Branco area, I stumbled upon mechanic shops that restore classic cars for the rich. I got up close to cars worth hundreds of thousand of dollars-nice.

I love Art Deco and Central Goiania has some fine examples. I'm a fool for history and I walk around the older parts of the city and simply ask for the stories. I've met some very interesting people just walking around.

Goias Velho is another day trip destination that is filled with history and culture. Visit the Jabuticaba farms to the west and enjoy the fruit.

My wife and I will be traveling to other countries in South America as time goes by , this is part of the adventure of retirement.

As I write this, I realize that the list is getting so long I risk boring you so I'll just say do a search online then go.

Take your time.  Goias isn't going to disappoint you.

Hi

It depends on what you wanna do.
Goiânia have a lot bars, night clubs and all that kind of things.
We also have awesome restaurants, with good food and good music around.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to make contact.

Me and my dog Leo, We sit outside by the road and watch the world go past, well he likes to bark at the cats and to be honest " So do i"
life is so much fun in brazil