Help needed - Postal Forwarding from brazil - will Pay!

Hi there,
This is a bit random, I am trying to get some medication from brazil to me in the uk.  I cannot get the medication in the uk - its for parasites I contracted on holiday in south america.  I am looking for some very kind person, to have some medication sent to them in brazil (from a reputable chemist) and then if they could post it to me in the uk.  I will pay for postage and offer 20 usd on top for hassle factor.
Thanks

Hi westro,

I'm afraid that it's not going to be anywhere near as simple as you imagine to get the medication sent to you. First of all if it is posted or sent by courier it's likely to be intercepted by the Receita Federal (Customs). They will simply detain the package and dispose of it, since they're not even going to bother testing it to make sure it doesn't contain elicit drugs. Secondly, you're going to have a hassle transferring funds here to anyone even with Western Union, etc., it involves 4 hour or more waiting in the bank for them to get the paperwork right and release the funds.

To be quite honest with you, you're going to stand a much better chance if you can convince someone who is flying into the UK to bring the medication to you and arrange for you to meet them at the airport on arrival.

Also unless it is an over the counter medication available without a prescription it will be much easier. If a prescription is required you may have a problem too.

It would be best if you post the name of the medication so that we can check the availability and tell you about any further problems that might be involved in getting it to you.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

hi, thanks for the comprehensive reply.

The name of the drug is cambem or exelmin, they can be ordered over the internet from pharmacy without scripts, however they do not ship internationally.

Its a shame i do not know anyone in brazil!

Have you contacted a COMPOUNDING PHARMACY in the UK to have them make up the medication for you

The active ingredients are:

PILL FORM:  Cambendazol 75mg  Mebendezol 200mg in a binding compound (values given are per pill)
SUSPENSION:  Cambedazol 150mg   Mebendezol 400mg in each 30ML of suspension compound

DOSE:   PILL FORM     1 pill twice daily - (every 12 hr.)
              SUSPENSION   15ml twice daily - (every 12 hr.)

Google "compounding pharmacies in UK"

Cheers,
James

Hi there, if your still in England, then you need to go to this place to get help ((The Hospital for Tropical Diseases)))
www.thehtd.org
one of the best in the world and it should be free
all the best Peter