Family visas

I have some questions from u brothers. My husband is going  to join a company in muscat.He is planning to get a visit visa for me, my 3 kids and for his mother once he reach there and get his residence card   . 

Is it possible to apply for visit visa for us on urgent basis as he get his residence card. Any difficulty during ramadan  to apply for family  visit visa.

can he apply for family joining visa after 3 months for us while we would be in state on visit visa .

Is it possible for him to get a residence visa for his mother as she is dependent on us.

Looking for ur support and thanks in advance.

Hi umm-e-farhan,

Your husband can apply for a visit visa immediately on his arrival, through his company as the sponsors. No need for even his resident card to be issued.

Even better now, you can also apply online for the evisa which does not require any local sponsor, even before your husband's arrival. And you can all travel together.

Family joining visa would take some time. For details you must read the other posts on the same subject in the forum.

During the holy month of Ramadan, all work would slow down significantly more. Work would happen. but at less than half the normal (slow) pace !

Though parents are no longer allowed to be included on family joining visa, the authorities could make exceptions on a case-to-case basis. Your husband's company PRO must speak to the concerned authorities and request for an exemption.

Sumitran brother

Thanks for detailed reply. If you dont mind and if I am not bothering you brother can u share a link with me to apply for evisa. In fact I have searched online thoroughly but didnt get success.

I have also read many posts regarding family joining visa but didnt get the answer of my question that can my husband apply a family joining visa while i'll be in oman on visit visa.

I'll remember u in my duaas for ur support.

umm-e-farhan wrote:

Sumitran brother

Thanks for detailed reply. If you dont mind and if I am not bothering you brother can u share a link with me to apply for evisa. In fact I have searched online thoroughly but didnt get success.

I have also read many posts regarding family joining visa but didnt get the answer of my question that can my husband apply a family joining visa while i'll be in oman on visit visa.

I'll remember u in my duaas for ur support.

Hi umm-e-farhan,

That wasn't very hard to find ... I only did a simple Google search !

https://evisa.rop.gov.om/voa (http://www.rop.gov.om)

Thanks sumitran brother. In fact I am Novice to this field thats why there is a lot of difference between ur search and mine  :) . plz can u answer my other query about to apply family joining visa while family is in state on visit visa.

umm-e-farhan wrote:

Thanks sumitran brother. In fact I am Novice to this field thats why there is a lot of difference between ur search and mine  :) . plz can u answer my other query about to apply family joining visa while family is in state on visit visa.

Hi umm-e-farhan,

If I understand your question correctly, it really doesn't matter where the family is residing at the time of applying for the family joining visa. But once the visa is issued, then they must necessarily fly-in on that visa. In other words, a visit visa cannot be converted to a family joining visa without the concerned people exiting first and re-entering again.

Brother you understood my question very correctly and once again thanks for ur kind guidance.

Dear brother I have couple of questions from you. When my husband signed the job agreement  with company they mentioned his job as a consultant. After some time recruiter sent the visa but when my husband asked his recruiter about the profession mentioned in labour clearance documents then they said, on residence card your profession will be as ' technician '. He is a university graduate with BS computer Science degree and he sent original attested university degree to his company.  So when he asked the recruiter why u were asking for original attested degree if u were going for technician visa then the recruiter saying that we will try to change your profession soon.

My husband is very worried as in G.C.C, things varies from profession to profession. Although his salary is 1200OMR but still He is worried for Family Joining visa as in some G.C.C countries technician is not eligible to bring his family on residence visa plus he cant get visa on arrival and can face many problem while crossing border etc.

Plz guide us about that

is it possible for recruiter to change my husband's profession after his joining.
Can he apply for family residence visa with profession of technician.

I'll be very kind for your replies as we r in tension.

Hi umm-e-farhan,

To find someone to do the job, employers use whatever labour clearances that they might have at hand.

This is exactly what has happened in your husband's case. They have got him in officially on a 'technician' clearance.

Till such time your husband resides in the Sultanate, he would be considered a 'technician' for all practical purposes.

That cannot be changed. Until and unless his employer manages to get the job clearance for your husband's exact position. And that is easier said, than done.

Yes, your husband has some serious reasons to worry about. It is not simple. He must fix the issue right now, before it cannot be undone. Else, the whole duration of his stint here in the Sultanate would be a compromise.

Adding to above, I would like to add a few points here.

The designation on the "resident card" matters alot, because,

1-   Based on the same, a person is allowed (Or not allowed) to travel UAE and across GCC by ROAD.

2-    Once the resident card holds a specific designation, it will always be the same.

3-   The resident card designation matters alot when it comes to switch a job in any GCC country. The interconnected system throughout GCC shows a person with the same designation and authorities don't accept a technician, being offered as an engineer, or a consultant or whatever an "A" graded position is.

Hence, urge your employer to get a technical clearance of the visa, however if you're ready to compromise, its your own choice.

Dear brother schaz and sumitran thanks for ur valuable feedbacks.

I need some more guidance from your side. The employer of my husband has given a written statement on email to my husband that,

They will try to change the profession within the frame work of Omani labore law.
Now I need to know that what omani labore law says about change in profession.

2ndly when my husband asked them about family visa then the employer  said we will give u NOC or any other required document for family visa process but all the procedures and processes to be done by the employee.

Now what you guys suggest. Its very strange situation for us how these recruiters play with people.

Thanks in advance.

Hi umm-e-farhan,

If an employee has been provided with the 'family status' as per the employment contract, then it is entirely the responsibility of the employer to do all the needed for the employee to bring his family over. Sometimes, the employment contract might not be for a 'family status', yet the employer might consider the employee to sponsor his family - but entirely on his responsibility, like medical expenses, air fare, etc. Even this requires an NOC from the employer. I think your husband's case is that of the latter. i don't know what has been agreed between your husband and his employer on this issue.

Changing of the designation in the resident card is entirely dependent on the availability of the labour clearance for that job. If your husband's employer manages to get a clearance then while renewing the resident card, his designation can be changed. Not in-between.

As per my husband, family status is not written in his contract but employer has agreed to sponsor the family. As u said all the attestations ,medical, visa fee and air fare will be paid by my husband.

But the question is can my husband get the family visa at his own easily if he has NOC. I mean is it not the company's PRO who do all the stuff ?.

Brother as u said employer can change the profession if he has clearance at the time of renewing the labor card, so it means before 2 years this is not possible ?

Hi umm-e-farhan,

You are correct. Your husband cannot go and apply for the family joining visa by himself. He must necessarily go with his company PRO only. Else, his requests would not be entertained.

Changing of resident card before it is due can be done only on some select cases like the loss of card. Again, it is best to consult with the company PRO if there is any other possibility to change the designation mentioned therein.

They will try to change the profession within the frame work of Omani labore law.
Now I need to know that what omani labore law says about change in profession.

Generally, in Oman, once the person gets a resident card with an specific designation, the employers don't change it again because they already have undergone deep into the process of clearance. Noone generally goes into the same process again as they're concerned with the availability of person and not his designation, while on the other hand, for an employee, it matters alot. Unfortunately, don't keep a positive hope of changing the designation on the resident card.

As u said employer can change the profession if he has clearance at the time of renewing the labor card, so it means before 2 years this is not possible ?

As per the recent laws, at the time of renewal of the resident card, the employer has to take a re-clearance of the employee as the authorities are to check if the similar position can be accommodated by an Omani. Once they clear the employer, then the employer may or may not indulge himself to change the designation. What I have observed is, that the employers don't take much of the burden to change the designations and they generally commit false promises to the hired person. Just advising a realistic fact.

The solution to this is a conversation between your husband and his employer. Depends on what they mutually agree.

Dear Sumitran and Schaz,

as i was going through this forum and various threads regarding family visa, i came to know that after getting resident card, my wife can come over to Oman on a visit visa. have i understood that right?
is there any gap to be maintained between her visit on visit visa and when she will come to oman on family visa issued to me (after six months form joining, as per my employer)
is there any other thing i have to know or i have missed?

arharsh46 wrote:

Dear Sumitran and Schaz,

as i was going through this forum and various threads regarding family visa, i came to know that after getting resident card, my wife can come over to Oman on a visit visa. have i understood that right?
is there any gap to be maintained between her visit on visit visa and when she will come to oman on family visa issued to me (after six months form joining, as per my employer)

Yes, Your wife can come to Oman on a visit visa once your resident card is obtained. Visit visa is generally granted for 3 months with a possibility of 1 month extension. Once it is expired, you have to wait for 3 months for reapplying a "VISIT VISA", however, incase of "Family Joining", your sponsor can apply the same anytime and it will be granted upon the approval (Minimum Salary should be OMR 600 or above as an eligibility to apply a family visa).

The family joining visa is for 2 years (Renewable basis).

Trust this suffice.

arharsh46 wrote:

Dear Sumitran and Schaz,

Hi arharsh46,

I would like to add to what schaz has already stated ...

Your wife does not even have to wait for you to get your resident card. Now there is a new evisa facility which has been introduced very recently. So your wife can apply online for a evisa, which does not required any local sponsor and she can visit Oman.

Details are already available in the forum. Including the link for applying for the evisa.

Dear sumitran,

I had checked on ROP site about e-visa facility, but India was not listed i guess on that. are you sure India has been added to E-visa facility? plus will she not require any sponsor like a travel agency or my employer? i mean will it be ok if she travels with me, though we both will have different visa types?

arharsh46 wrote:

Dear sumitran,

I had checked on ROP site about e-visa facility, but India was not listed i guess on that. are you sure India has been added to E-visa facility? plus will she not require any sponsor like a travel agency or my employer? i mean will it be ok if she travels with me, though we both will have different visa types?

Hi arharsh46,

India is in the list of countries eligible for the evisa facility. Take a deep breath and check again !

Yes. Your wife will need no local sponsor / travel agency's assistance / employer / others.

Yes. Both of you can travel together, in the same flight, in adjacent seats - even though you will be carrying different visas.

Thanks a lot ..  but the site shows the below mentioned result. and that is why i am confused. i am searching on this one : https://evisa.rop.gov.om

"Based on your selected options:

1. Select Nationality as shown in Passport    INDIA
2. Select Purpose of visit to Oman.    TOURISM
Are you resident in a GCC Country (Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or UAE)?
No

Start Again

You are eligible for the following visa(s):

Visa Name    Visa Fee    Length of Stay    Description    How to Apply
26E Tourist Visit Visa    Omani Rials 5.000    10 days    Visit to Oman (10 days) by a person who is not a Group1 national, but is the spouse or child of a Group1 national, and who is accompanied by that Group1 national.
Click here to see full conditions.

Apply online here
26F Tourist Visit Visa    Omani Rials 20.000    30 days    Visit to Oman (30 days) by a person who is not a Group1 national, but is the spouse or child of a Group1 national, and who is accompanied by that Group1 national.

Apply online here
26G Tourist Visit Visa    Omani Rials 20.000    30 days    Visit to Oman by a person who is not a New Zealand national, but is the spouse or child of a New Zealand national, and who is accompanied by that New Zealand national.

Can be obtained on arrival at an airport, seaport or land crossing in Oman.
26H Tourist Visit Visa    Omani Rials 20.000    30 days    Visit to Oman by a person who is not a South Korea or Brunei national, but is the spouse or child of a South Korea or Brunei national, and who is accompanied by that South Korea or Brunei national.

Can be obtained on arrival at an airport, seaport or land crossing in Oman."

so as per this you someone from group 1 national should accompanying, or she has to be a spouse or a child of a group 1 national,

Hi arharsh46,

I went and checked the site and India is very much there in the drop-down list of countries.

If you are facing issues submitting, I suggest you write to them and ask for clarifications :

"For Enquiries / Feedback contact email: [email protected]"

yes, india is there in drop down list but when i put purpose of visit as tourism and country as india, it states you have to  be ' either spouse or child of a group 1 national, or should be accompanied by group 1 national.' and i guess Indian citizen are not group 1 national. other terms are mainly for new zealand, south korea and Brunei citizens.