HSBC : Advance or Personal account

Hi!

I have just moved in HK last week and already opened a bank account at HSBC a few days ago.

The thing is I was not aware of the existence of Advance/Premium/Personal accounts. I just asked to open a bank account and the employee made me open an Advance account. The next day I found out about Advance account and the extra costs that comes with that offer.

Now I am wandering if it worthes the 120 HKD monthly fees?... I can not find any advise about that on the web.

Is there someone who could help me? Maybe one of you is more experienced than me with HSBC bank accounts  :/

Do you think a Personal account would be sufficient for my use (receiving money from France and Switzerland and use it in HK to pay my bills and everything).

Thank you in advance for your help!  :cheers:

Bonjour
I'm surprised, they are usually quite verbose and transparent about the different options and associated fees.
The differences between the two contracts are highlighted on HSBC's Advance website (Scroll the page down to the "See how HSBC Advance differs from our accounts" section)

The main difference for you is that if you have a HSBC account in France, you can use the Global View website to perform instant money transfers across countries.

RS

PS: you don't have to pay the HK$120 fee if your consolidated balance is above HK$200,000 (including across HK and France), or if you already are an "Advance" customer in France (whatever the eligibility criteria are)

Hi!
Thank you very much for your fast answer.
I was surprised too when I discovered that... I believe the bank advisor was not very at ease in English so he sticked to the mimimum information.
So I am going to downgrade my account because I do not have an HSBC account in an other country. Advance account does not seem really usefull to me.

Thank you for the help!

Ordinary account will do. Same thing had happen to me several years ago.
You can also consider Standard Chartered for your reference.
Monthly service fees are applied if you do not maintain your account.

Ok! Thank you for your help.
That's what I was guessing. I will downgrade.