Road side assistance

Can anyone recommend a break down service in bourgas region, something like AA or RAC in the uk that you can buy a years cover. Thanks all

Hello Jenfy.   So far as I know there is no presence like AA or RAC available but a number of the city mechanics do have tow trucks or at least a vehicle for towing in clients. Certainly never heard of a 'contract' for such services but if you currently use a particular mechanic in Karnobat or an outlying village they usually make a plan to rescue you during normal working hours if you give them a call. The usual problem is with the language so its best to ensure that you have at least one english/bulgarian speaking friend who you can contact if you get in difficulties and get them to call the garage/mechanic and explain where you are. At the end of the day its friends that will get you out of trouble so a reciprocol arrangement with someone would be a good plan.  If I spot a specific company that does 24/7 call outs I will let you know - would certainly like to have that sort of info to hand myself for emergencies!

Cheers.  Vetkoek

I use these people

http://www.uab.org/car-repair/

I've found them very helpful when dealing with membership queries (they sent me an English translation of everything) BUT in the 2 years I've been a member I've never actually had to call them for help so I don't know for sure how the actual service is! I'm covered everywhere in Europe. Might be worth looking into. The website doesn't really translate into English (only the headings do) but if you use an online translator or chrome you'll get the gist of it. I bought it online.

I'm not sure what exactly is the AA or RAC and I have no time to look for it, but what you might find useful is a supplement to your car insurance /Grajdanska otgovornost/ which will cover technical problem arising when you travel and basically there will be wree towing to the neares car mechanic. It cost approximately 10 lv.