Need advice on a Offer received from a Saudi Firm

Hi All,

Looking out for help to decide upon a offer i have received from a Saudi firm Based in Riyadh .

I'm a Electronic Design Engineer with 2 years of Experience in India.
i have been offered a Basic of 6k SR with other benefits like house allowance and transport allowances amounting to a total of about 8000SR .

Is this package good enough for a Family of two to live comfortably in Riyadh ?
Looking for some early help as i need to finalize on the offer shortly
Thanks in advance

Regards
aryanmd

SALAM
For western people it's ridiculous
but from people from india, paki etc, it seems to be correct.
With 6000 SAR you can live normally.

For just a family of two this could be manageable although I would still recommend a total package of at least SR 10K per month if it could be negotiated.

You could be able to save around SR 1.5K per month out of the SR 8K, perhaps, if you live reasonably carefully without busting up on too many luxuries.

For someone with 2 years of experience it is a decent average package.

Go for it. If you sit around waiting for someone to come up with a higher offer, you will lose this chance.

Middle class housing would go to around 15000-18000sr per year for a 2BHK, or lesser if you are willing to reduce your standards. electricity bills would amount to 100SR/month max if you are running 3 air conditioners, 1 water heater, 1 refrigerator 24 hrs a day which is quite cheap. groceries can be handled in around 1000SR/month for a well stocked fridge or lesser if you are looking to be economical(min 700SR).

Consider sr4000 to furnish your flat with basic furnishing.

There you have it, all up to you on how much you spend. I just gave you a brief idea of all the expenses involved.

Hey thanks all for the quick replies ,

They had earlier given me a package of 10k SR .I took about 3 months to respond to the offer as i was busy in some work back home so they reduced the basic by 2000SR ..:(

@Zb_Kh

Are these living costs for Riyadh ? I dont plan on a luxurious life .Though i would prefer a decent 1 or 2 BHK Home in a good neighborhood .

Since my wife is also an engineer can she find a job after she comes there ??

and is it possible to get my wife along for the first time itself ?? 
Thanks
aryanmd

These are general living costs anywhere in saudi arabia. They may vary a little from city to city. But more or less the same.

With regards to your family, make sure you ask the company for Family status before you accept so they can cover your family for medical and vacation expenses. Also ensure that you inquire with them for Re-location(India-Saudi) expenses for you and your family as well. Ask them whether they will issue visas for your family along with yours or would you have to travel to saudi first and then initiate visa processing for the rest of your family so you can avoid the confusion and be clear on these issues.

Before issuing the visa you will probably have to get your degree certificate attested by Saudi Consulate in New Delhi which will require that you have attestations from Ministry of Culture and HRD Dept of state. Try and contact an agent to help you with this.

As per your wife working in saudi arabia, due to the highly conservative environment, there are no women working as engineers in saudi arabia to my knowledge. You will find women working as nurses, teachers, helpdesk operators, secretaries, doctors etc.
I have never heard of a female engineer in saudi arabia.

Hope this is helpful. All the best.

Hey thanks a ton :)
Yes they are giving me a Family status .
But i need to clarify the things which you have mentioned .
Thanks again .

Anymore inputs and advice are welcome from everyone :)

Regards
Mohammed Ummer

yr wife could easily land a decent teaching job in one of the English Int Schools in Riyadh if she can mange Math/Physics/Chemistry/IT or any other relevant Engineering subject.

Most teachers in girls schools are expat wives with Bachelors/Masers Degree in some science/arts/commerce area.

She may be able to land a SR 5K per month job easily.

Estimate your Riyadh living costs to about SR 6K per month (gross)

Musicman, a question regarding wife's working.

Since husband's Iqama would be used to have the wife in KSA, is getting a work permit for a spouse really simple?

depends on the employer if he is willing to give the wife a separate work permit.

my older daughter used to be on my Iqama since she was 5 years old and now has transferred it to the international school where she works (she was a student there first too) and is under their sponsorship now which means that she can remain back in the Kingdom even if i have to leave.

Hmm ..My wife is not keen on working though . just enquired .

Is it possible for me to support my Wife for some Islamic higher education  Like learning classical arabic or learning The hadith literature with my current package ?

thanks

Regards
Mohammed Ummer

Courses in Arabic language, Qur'an and Hadeeth are available free of charge at a place called Dar Al Dhikr, especially for women.

Thanks Music Man :)

considering yemenis next door are going hungrey i would count your blessings

zb_kh: Thanks for the info on rough living costs, as a newbie about to come over that's a massive help.

Aryanmd: Hope it all works out for you. Sorry I can't help out as yet.

mimitutu wrote:

considering yemenis next door are going hungrey i would count your blessings

:huh:

you missed out on all those hungry East African neighbors, mimitutu

:unsure - what do you mean about hungry Yemens, mimitutu? Looks completely off topic but would like to know the answer.

mimitutu, profile says "European and speaks French and English and is in London". Obviously confused. 

Troll?

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/images/smilies/co4x4/feedtroll.gif

:whistle:

YAY!  Is this a new emoticon for this forum??????????

When is a troll not a troll?

I require a bit of help from you on urgent basis regarding above subject before i send the counter offer for compensation I expect from my employers.

Please assist in info on cost of living for Indian Family (Veg) of 5 (Me, My Wife, My Mother and 2 Children) in Riyadh.

I have been offered a salary of SAR 18,861/- p.m. by a Renowned Bank. I am a CPA with 8 years experience in Banking and Consultancy.

I am planning to ask a Compensation of SAR 25,000 - SAR 30,000 per month, in case company is interested to pick as a possible candidate.

Please guide. Do you think, the same is good with idea to make savings of around SAR 10,500/- per month after all expenses. Will my idea work as all savings are tax free.

I would like to know the below stated costs on per month / per annum basis.

- What is the House Rent in a good compound with all standard facilities like swimming pools, school bus availability, shopping malls etc. on monthly basis and what is the amount of security deposit; period by which rentals are increased and what is standard rental period given to tenants (family)

I heard that one can get flats at various compounds i.e.

a) Western type compounds with shopping buses for ladies and school buses, swimmimng pools , tennis courts,..etc.

Good 2 BDR house for 80,000 – 120,000 SAR /year. Is it True?
What is the Rental for Good 2 BDR house in these compounds?

b) Other compounds - Still good quality but no services like Shopping and school buses

Good 3 BDR house from 45,000 – 70,000 SAR/year. Is this safe as the above option?

C) Good 3bdr apartment would range around 25-30,000 SAR.

Is it worth it and safe to stay there with a Family (as stated above). To be true, I am Hindu and given restraint against other religions in SA, i thought of checking the same before deciding to take a plunge.
what is Cost of Education in a decent Indian School on per month / per annum for 2 children (6 years & 4 years of age).

What is the Cost of Food + Entertainment + Car (is financing available immediately)

what is Additional Cost of keeping a maid or servant (apart from pay)?

What is Cost of Mediclaim for person > 60 years of age. Does Company provide the mediclaim benefits to the parents of employees apart from employees family i.e. Employee, Wife and Kids?

They are providing relocation cost of 1/2 month basic salary as advance; travel cost for the entire family and Medical Insurance for the family.

Please also guide about what are the other issues to be raised while discussing about compensation.

DEAR ravibagri

The purpose of sending you the links was to read the earlier posts with similar questions to get the answers you need; not be an IDIOT and repeat your question everywhere.

People here are very helpful unless irritated

Buddy,

Thanks for the reply but I am a Blind man who has to shoot the right target.... and the best way I thought given the gap in timing of replies and shortage of time was to shoot wherever possible.

The idea is not irritate but to get the facts before taking a very important decision of life. Its not abt strictness in that part of the world but the risk you carry if the situation does not go according to your wishes specifically in career as you cannot reverse the time lost...

Would be grateful if you could provide some info on the queries asked by me.

Buddy,

Apart from the same, I want straight forward answer specifically for a Indian who is a vegetarian and has a family to take care of (as mentioned).

When the laws are very regulated + no idea about cost of living specifically when the info are varied in the web, it better to be informed so as to be safe than sorry. Hence the request.

ravibagri wrote:

Buddy,

Apart from the same, I want straight forward answer specifically for a Indian who is a vegetarian and has a family to take care of (as mentioned).

When the laws are very regulated + no idea about cost of living specifically when the info are varied in the web, it better to be informed so as to be safe than sorry. Hence the request.

Raviji,
Ur frustration is well understood here, but would be nice if you see my reply where I referred to some of the links in my post in https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=58742 , let us know if you r looking at any specifics here.

I sent a PM to you, Lets see if I can help you on this.........................

Hey Aryan:
Why would a company reduce your Basic by 2K just because you responded to the offer after 3 months. And if they are actually doing that to you .. do you really think you should consider this opportunity? They could change many things once you are there in Saudi. Please re-consider.

I would just hire someone else if the person we have offered has chosen not to respond in a stipulated time of say a week or 10 days. This means they could not find someone as good as you for 3 months and since you are asking for the offer to be re-instated, they are reducing your basic by 2K!

Please deliberate a bit more before plunging.

I also got an offer from a firm in Riyadh and will be moving soon (next 3 weeks).

Regards:
Pravz.

aryanmd wrote:

Hey thanks all for the quick replies ,

They had earlier given me a package of 10k SR .I took about 3 months to respond to the offer as i was busy in some work back home so they reduced the basic by 2000SR ..:(

@Zb_Kh

Are these living costs for Riyadh ? I dont plan on a luxurious life .Though i would prefer a decent 1 or 2 BHK Home in a good neighborhood .

Since my wife is also an engineer can she find a job after she comes there ??

and is it possible to get my wife along for the first time itself ?? 
Thanks
aryanmd

i would drop them like a hot brick!

where all are we going on this topic?? :rolleyes:

I did Drop the offer Guys :)

Guess my provisions were here .

Hey there Aryan:
Way to go buddy!!!

I am sure there are other offers waiting in line for you.

Regards:
Pravz.

Wish me luck, I am going to Riyadh in the next 3 weeks!!!

All the very best .. hope you have a rewarding time ..

Thanks Aryan!!!

I laughed a lot when I read your comment:

Knowledge12 wrote:

I laughed a lot when I read your comment:

Do you realize this thread is from 2 years ago? :unsure

ALLIECAT i need ur help seriously...  please...

salman_123 wrote:

ALLIECAT i need ur help seriously...  please...

Why? Do you have a headache? :dumbom:

no i am in love wid u lolz... kidding... seriously tell me one thing.. go check ur inbox pls.

Sorry, but it just made me laugh. I hope I haven't offended you by making this comment.

Take care!

Closed