LOOKING FOR FRIENDS/ACQUAINTANCES IN FANG, THAILAND

I have recently relocated from CNX to Fang.
I am male, 66yo.
Postgraduate - Accounting
Retired CPA
In a relationship
Living in Songsquare

where is CNX? are you in Thailand now?

CNX is Chiang Mai.
I live in Fang - 150km NE of Chiang Mai.

Ok. long way from Bangkok. been in the are once. think I will go back the see the long neck tribe.

Having lived in Chiang Mai for 12 years, the move to Fang is a "Culture Shock".

My Thai language ability is limited to small talk eg how are you; hungry; happy; tired; enjoy etc.

The number of people who speak even limited English here is minute.

Thus my day usually compromises -
a) a visit to the computer
b) iced coffee or soy milk
c) trip to the local wat - I have volunteered to teach English to he 2nd in charge monk
d) massage - 3-4 days per week
e) Visit to Tesco Lotus on a weekly basis

I surrendered my driving licence 6 years ago after getting cancer. I miss it but will not reapply. Instead I purchased a bicycle.

My only vice is listening to CDs - popular, Chinese, Indian & classical.

Favourite bands -

a) Bee Gees
b) ZERO ie nothing comes close to the Bee Gees. regrettably, 2 of the 3 members have passed away - Robin & Maurice. Barry remains.
c) way back in the field - Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Elton John, Phil Collins

I have developed a strong interest in Theravadan  Buddhism. Recently, I emailed the Buddhist Educational Foundation (Taiwan) in order to acquire literature for wat/wats in Fang. Years ago, I did the same thing in Chiang Mai.

Recently, I went to Chiang Rai & Mae Sai.

Chiang Rai has a lot to offer. Yes, it is a bit touristy but has all the infrastructure of Chiang Mai eg immigration office, shopping centres ie Central & Airport Plaza. BUT, far less traffic & pollution.

For those who lack the opportunity to acquire a "Rolls Royce" visa, Mae Sai is about 30km from Chiang Rai  - the border adjacent to Myanmar. It is fairly busy with expats endeavouring to stay here.

I would suggest you check out Inter-nations. com, it is a organisation that puts together dinners. drinks, and cruises for Expats living in Bangkok. 49.00 gollars a year and then you get discount on the functions. Good Luck

Thanks but no thanks

Living in Fang, there is no direct flight to BKK. I would have to go to CNX & then fly to BKK.

In addition, I have stage 4 throat cancer - no booze or cigs for this "black duck".

Good luck to you too (we all enjoy the good luck - not the bad luck)

Fang 37...
May GOD bless you....My sister battled cancer 3 times & fortunately she beat it all three times but what a challenge it was in itself...
My hope is that your having a wonderful day and that the life around you this very moment and every minute puts a smile upon your face because U DESERVE IT...
Taeza