Help on Cheapest way to move my stuff from Singapore

Hi There,
I am already in Chiang Mai and need to move personal belongings from Singapore. About 12-15 boxes and 200-250 kg (not sure)of clothes, books and ornaments.

A Moving company cost some 30,000 THB + export/import taxes if any.

Fedex is about 50,000 THB.

Do it myself, does it worth the saving? I've only found Tigerair  direct flight allowing no more than 40kg. So it would be a 10,000 THB round trip for 40-50 kg. Times 4

Any advice, would be moooost welcome

And also, do you know if there are any taxes and of which kind of amount?

Thank you

No such thing as cheap. You get what you pay for. I would Take Fedex as they have insurance other cheaper outfits do not.

I don't think there will be any import duty if they are personal items. Have the boxes labelled with the contents. Perhaps ask Fedex regarding this.

Thanks Stumpy,

You are right, I am thinking of a combination of 2 return flights with 50 kg (40 kg check in + 10 hand carry)and the rest through Fedex or EMS.

my advice would be to bring as little as possible. ship or check in only the bare essentials first.

the stuff u forget about can be left in Singapore.. also things like clothes etc... may cost the same to ship as to buy brand new!!! (street stuff.. not branded of course)

so use it as a chance start afresh! i felt so happy when i moved to  Bangkok with bare essentials... i only bring things i miss or things that are cheaper from Singapore as and when family/friend or I fly to and fro.