Seeking for a civil/structural engineer position in Thailand.

I come from Italy. I am looking for a civil/structural engineer position.
I have more than 3 years of experience with wide variety of projects, especially
telecommunication and radio towers.

I am open for temporary and full-time position
If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you

Fabio

In this area most of the jobs are prohibited to foreigners ( a quick extract below  )

Bricklaying, carpentry, or other construction work.
Professional civil engineering concerning design and calculation, systemization, analysis, planning, testing, construction supervision, or consulting services, excluding work requiring specialized techniques.
Professional architectural work concerning design, drawing/making, cost estimation, or consulting services.

Full list can be found there :

http://www.thailawonline.com/en/others/ … -jobs.html

Thank you so much cthierrymk for your response.
Yes, actually I have read it somewhere too.
But I saw some foreigners working as a civil engineer in Thailand
so I still would like to try and keep looking for it.

To anyone who is happen to be an expat and get to work in this field,
please let me know how you get it. I would be grateful for your advice.

Thanks
Fabio

you'll have a better chance to find a job in your Profession,after the year (2016)

thats when things change all over asia

For a company in Thailand there are many constraints to recruit foreigners, below are just some points you need to be aware....when looking for a job here..

- Paid-up registered capital of at least two million baht to get 1 foreigner work permit

- A foreign company doing business in Thailand is permitted one foreign employee per three million baht brought into the country.

- A ratio of 4 Thai employees for every foreign employee must be maintained as well.

- There is a maximum of 10 work permits allowed per company, with the exception of businesses operating under Board of Investment promotion. Thailand's Board of Investment (BOI) makes exceptions on the number of work permits that can be granted by a company working on one of its sponsored projects. The ratio of Thai employees to foreign employees can also be relaxed by the BOI ( look at their website : http://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=index )

- The weekly legal working duration is 48 hours, from Monday till Saturday. In practice, if factories work on Saturdays, offices are normally closed.

- The Labour law certifies 2 release weeks a year, besides holidays. Legally, a day off is a year granted by age

- The minimum wage does not mean that your employer will have to actually pay you those minimum wages, but mean that your employer will have to declare this minimum salary and that you will have to pay social security and personal income tax based on this minimum salary if you want to have any chances to qualify for a one year B visa extension. This minimum wage depends on the nationality of the foreigner.

- There is no pension, but it is possible to save with other system, as Provident Fund.

What sort of changes in 2016 are expected, Happynthailand?

Thank you so much for the information
I will check it out.