Live Music Coffee shops / pub

Hello Friends !

I love  music. Would you please recommend me some coffee shops / pubs which have live music (mostly English song)?

Waiting to hear from you.

Cheers!

Carmen Bar located at 8 Lý Tự Trọng, Bến Nghé, 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam is a great place. Mostly english songs.

Maybe you can check out these places: Acoustic bar at 6E Ngo Thoi Nhiem Street, Ward 7, District 3, or RFC (Rock Fan Club) at 25C, Tú Xương, District 3, or Yoko at 22 Nguyen Thi Dieu, District 3. 

I myself prefer Acoustic.

I enjoy Hard Rock Cafe and the bar in Caravelle Hotel.  They are, however, a bit pricey!

Thanks for mentioning about - Carmen. I visited that already. Their songs are 95% Latina or Spanish. I love English song only. Would you please recommend me about place which has English song ?

Thanks For your very detail info. Very helpful !

Ngan Khanh wrote:

I enjoy Hard Rock Cafe and the bar in Caravelle Hotel.  They are, however, a bit pricey!

Thanks. HRC is great. I loved the place and dance floor.

How is the bar in Caravelle hotel. How much is a drink there?

La terra santa wrote:

Maybe you can check out these places: Acoustic bar at 6E Ngo Thoi Nhiem Street, Ward 7, District 3, or RFC (Rock Fan Club) at 25C, Tú Xương, District 3, or Yoko at 22 Nguyen Thi Dieu, District 3. 

I myself prefer Acoustic.

Thanks For your very detail info. Very helpful !

Acoustic bar at 6E Ngo Thoi Nhiem Street, Ward 7, District 3, : I found this is too crowded. not space for even seat ! What kind of music does they play? How to get a seat there ?

or RFC (Rock Fan Club) at 25C, Tú Xương, District 3,  : Hmm, never heard about this. What kind of music does they play?

Yoko at 22 Nguyen Thi Dieu, District 3. : Used to be good when I checked this years ago. But on my recent visit, I found it even lower than a karaoke standard.

Hi Mr Cit:

Acoustic bar: oh I though crowded is good - I always enjoy standing there, haha. They play acoustic, rock sometimes - in English mostly. If you want to sit I guess you'll have to come earlier than 9pm.

or RFC (Rock Fan Club): the name speaks for itself, they play rock - but if you don't like crowded places then I do not recommend RFC.

Yoko: you're right, but I thought it would be helpful to mention.  : )

La terra santa wrote:

Hi Mr Cit:

Acoustic bar: oh I though crowded is good - I always enjoy standing there, haha. They play acoustic, rock sometimes - in English mostly. If you want to sit I guess you'll have to come earlier than 9pm.

or RFC (Rock Fan Club): the name speaks for itself, they play rock - but if you don't like crowded places then I do not recommend RFC.

Yoko: you're right, but I thought it would be helpful to mention.  : )

Thanks ! For acoustic bar please give me a bit more info. Does they have live music every night ? Starting at 9 PM and when do they finish ?

I am fine with rock. But the friends who are go with me, they kind of hate rock. Example : 2 weeks ago we went to Nepoli and they hated that extremely. And actually the I think you will do a better job than their sound engineer. :)

I believe they do everynight, however I normally go there on Wed and weekend. They finish around 11pm, depending on the audience also. 

Maybe you want to check out their page.  Wednesdays is lady's night.
facebook.com/acousticbarpage

If your friends hate rock, don't take them to RFC unless you want them to turn to hate you. ^^

I have no idea about price there. I don't often have chance to pay the bills.But I do remember a glass of red wine is 500,000 Vnd (it was very nice wine tho).

Here are places I often go:

1. Jazz Club on Le Loi street: nice place for bit peaceful time
2. Seventeen Salon
3. La Habana
4. Cargo bar
5. Saigon Ranger
6. And you can visit rooftop bars/ bars in hotels such as Majestic, Rex, Sheraton, Park Hyatt for live music on specific dates.

Since my house is in D1, I only know places in that area.

Cheers,

Ngan Khanh wrote:

I have no idea about price there. I don't often have chance to pay the bills.But I do remember a glass of red wine is 500,000 Vnd (it was very nice wine tho).

Here are places I often go:

1. Jazz Club on Le Loi street: nice place for bit peaceful time
2. Seventeen Salon
3. La Habana
4. Cargo bar
5. Saigon Ranger
6. And you can visit rooftop bars/ bars in hotels such as Majestic, Rex, Sheraton, Park Hyatt for live music on specific dates.

Since my house is in D1, I only know places in that area.

Cheers,

Thanks for your Feedback ! Very informative.

1. Jazz Club on Le Loi street: nice place for bit peaceful time : Hmm smells good. will check this out.
2. Seventeen Salon : Ok, but kind of too loud. And the Filipino band singing Vietnamese song. Troi oi, that was a disaster.
3. La Habana : What kind of music does they play? English song?
4. Cargo bar : What kind of music does they play? English song?
5. Saigon Ranger : is this only metal and rock song ?

Thanks.

Haha. You like to ask a lot of questions huh! Just go check them out!

Ngan Khanh wrote:

Haha. You like to ask a lot of questions huh! Just go check them out!

Because, I like to have enough info to make decision. And ensure, I DONT fall in a wrong place to waste my free time which is quite limited.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers!

TranLee wrote:

You  can check out Broma:Not A Bar in district 1 .They have live English music.

Thanks for your input. Do they have live music everyday ? English song?

Hi there.

I realise the topic of this group is pubs etc. but does anyone know of any clubs in Ho Chi Minh City? I'm new here so just wanna get pointed in the right direction..?

Are there lots of coffee shops in District 1??

Yes, there're variety of coffee shops in Dist 1. However, it's up to kind of coffee shops you prefer. (Romantic coffee shops, business coffee shops or any things else...)

Huney Tran wrote:

Yes, there're variety of coffee shops in Dist 1. However, it's up to kind of coffee shops you prefer. (Romantic coffee shops, business coffee shops or any things else...)

Romantic coffee shops? Are singles allowed? Lol kidding. Okay will check them out! Hopefully there are near ones around my hotel (Ngoc Phu Hotel). Thank you!

:) If you are singles, may be you have to pay extralol. So why don't take a guy go along with you lol...just kidding. I can't search where is Ngoc Phu Hotel in Dist 1, there is one in Tan Binh Dist. What is your hotel's address? If you would like to enjoy coffee, let access foody website <foody.vn>, there are many things from restaurant to coffee shop. I prefer Piano coffee on Ho Xuan Huong str, Dist 3, or Cooku's Nest coffee on 13 Tu Xuong str, Dist 3. It's better you go to these coffee shop in the evening, because you can't enjoy piano songs, accoutic songs...