Skin tanning experiences

I am interested in skin tan, but not sure how it works on me and how to tan well to have even skin tan. Anybody has experiences on this issue, please advise.

Thank you.

Suntan beds were used in Australia until banned. Their use increased the risk of Melanoma cancer considerably. My suggestion therefore is that you avoid any indoor tanning Young Lady. I have seen Vietnamese women cover their lovely skin to avoid darkening. Natural sunlight tanning is best but in moderation as sunlight also ages the skin

You seem to be the only Asian woman in the world who wants to tan her skin.
Everyone else is afraid of the sun like the devil.

Practically every skin care product (including Western products) that can be bought in Vietnam has the word "white" in its name. In Asia, it seems that even the most unnecessary product can be sold to women if the word "white" is written on the packing.
There are countless women on Facebook who offer excessive skin whitening products.

In fact, Asian women suffer more from vitamin D deficiency than women in countries with much less sun.

And then you, a Vietnamese, ask about ways to tan the skin.  :)
What is happend to you?  :/

https://www.google.com.vn/search?q=minh+tu&rlz=1CDGOYI_enVN735VN736&hl=vi&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjN-YKb0MjbAhUNWysKHRtdD6QQ_AUIESgB&biw=375&bih=591#imgrc=dgonk9_W2TNWfM:

Andy Passenger wrote:

You seem to be the only Asian woman in the world who wants to tan her skin.
Everyone else is afraid of the sun like the devil.

Practically every skin care product (including Western products) that can be bought in Vietnam has the word "white" in its name. In Asia, it seems that even the most unnecessary product can be sold to women if the word "white" is written on the packing.
There are countless women on Facebook who offer excessive skin whitening products.

In fact, Asian women suffer more from vitamin D deficiency than women in countries with much less sun.

And then you, a Vietnamese, ask about ways to tan the skin.  :)
What is happend to you?  :/

I wanna be different:)

mikeymac wrote:

Suntan beds were used in Australia until banned. Their use increased the risk of Melanoma cancer considerably. My suggestion therefore is that you avoid any indoor tanning Young Lady. I have seen Vietnamese women cover their lovely skin to avoid darkening. Natural sunlight tanning is best but in moderation as sunlight also ages the skin

Thank you, I will keep in mind :)

Too much sun will damage the skin, but covering up from head to toes at all times the way most Asians are doing is not good either.  I feel suffocated looking at people wearing jackets with hood over their heads, long-sleeve shirts, long pants, and socks while the sun is out on a 30° day.

We need Vit D, folks, and sunlight is the best source of it.  Just don't go overboard either way, that's all.

The best way to have an even, natural, and healthy looking tan is under the sun (beach, balcony, terrace, backyard) in mid morning and late afternoon.  Assuming going au naturel is out of the question, I suggest a strapless swimsuit with a much lower cut in front, back, and on both sides than your everyday clothing.  Tan lines are very unattractive. 

1/ Hydrating your skin is the most important factor before and after tanning.  Exfoliate in the shower, then moisturize with a lotion containing Sodium PCA.  Here's info on the importance role of Sodium PCA on our skin.

Finding a good Sodium PCA lotion:  Unless you want to stand for hours in the store reading ingredients on the back of every jar and bottle, I suggest Paula's Choice, a good company whose founder Paula Begoun doesn't push people to buy her products but acts as a watchdog in the beauty industry by calling out subpar, ineffective, or misleading formulas in popular brands.  She's very critical of all skincare and cosmetic products, even with her own.  You can trust products that she recommends whether or not they're from her company (she always give you options).   Here's Paula's Choice in VN.

2/ Put on sunscreen 20 minutes before exposing yourself to the sun.  If your skin is white now, wear SPF 30 or 40, then after a few days, move to a smaller number or stay with the same one, depending on the result.

3/ Do not wear sunglasses but close your eyes at all times.

4/ Turn, turn, turn.

5/ Drink plenty of water.

6/ Exfoliate again in the shower.

7/ Moisturize afterwards with an aloe-based lotion.

Hapiness1988 wrote:

[img align=C]https://www.google.com.vn/search?q=minh+tu&rlz=1CDGOYI_enVN735VN736&hl=vi&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjN-YKb0MjbAhUNWysKHRtdD6QQ_AUIESgB&biw=375&bih=591#imgrc=dgonk9_W2TNWfM:[/url]

Minh Tu? How many times has she seen a plastic surgeon?  :unsure
I like Asian women more how they look by nature than how they would like to look.

But to each his own.  :|

When I not yet lived in Vietnam before my girlfriend and I got married, she had to go to hospital for a sinusitis operation (endoscopic). She said that she also could change her nose by plastic surgery instead of the endoscopy (such a western nose as many young Asian women want). I told her if you did that, you look like a stranger to me, not like the woman I fell in love with.
I would have really left her if she did that plastic surgery.  :idontagree:

Ciambella wrote:

We need Vit D, folks, and sunlight is the best source of it.

To cover the daily ration of vitamin D, it is sufficient to go into the sun with unprotected arms and face for about 15 - 20 minutes a day.

@Mrs CiamBella, thank you very much for your useful information. I had a look at Paula's  Choice website, the lists of products are nice and various, but one thing I really care is whether all of these products focus on whitening the skin? I cannot find the products which help me maintain the tanned, even skin.

Regards,
Ni

Andy Passenger wrote:

To cover the daily ration of vitamin D, it is sufficient to go into the sun with unprotected arms and face for about 15 - 20 minutes a day.

Have you ever seen Vietnamese women going outside with more than one inch of their bodies uncovered?  Many don't even wear helmets directly on their heads because they may still feel the sun on their faces, so helmets are worn on top of a hat or a hoodie.   How safe is that when the strap isn't tight under the chin?

I haven't looked at Paula's Choice VN, but the English website doesn't have anything that bleaches the skin.  The chemical in bleaching is not part of her belief, so I doubt very much that she does the opposite for the Asian market.

I didn't suggest you to check out tanning products on her website.  It's very difficult to have a sunless tan unless you strip down completely and have someone else does the rubbing or spraying on your skin, and even that, there's always the tell-tale sign of orange colour on your palms.  My suggestions are for moisturizing lotions before and after the sun only.

After you achieve the desire colour, simply exfoliate and moisture daily, then the tan will not fade quickly.  You have to repeat the process, of course, when the tan fades over time.

@Dear Ms CiamBella, I got it. Will try using Paula's products for moisturizing.

Thanks for your precious advices.

Regards.
Ni

@Andy Passenger, Most of men say to their spouses/girlfriends that their lovers are beautiful and no need to change..bla bla bla until men meet other more fascinated and beautiful women. I was in that situation many times. 😏😏

The first thing you will notice as you go inside the salon is the smell.

is this the aromatherapy smell or... ?  :/

Gee whiz, my Mom was a dark  Italian woman, my friend's history was that of Africa. I am a mix of Welsh & Italian, not tan as my Mom.

As kids we were talking sitting on the swings at school. My friend asked why I sit in the sun to get more tan, and wondering why his Mom with some potion on her skin to become lighter. We both had no answer.

Mac
Tan lines can be attractive

postmao-culture-sars-attack-21xbglr.jpg