Close

LIVING IN rIO nEGRO

Hi Merril,
I am thinking of moving to the La Ceja area and was wondering if you know of any private fincas for rent or a nice apartment in the area? I'm currently living in Jardin and would like to be closer to the airport and Medellin. If you know of anything I sure would appreciate a reply.
Sincerely yours,
Todd Smith

Hi Todd:

They are building new apartments and homes in La Ceja like there's no tomorrow.  If you make a visit to La Ceja, it would be very hard to miss them.  As far as fincas go, I don't really have much info.  I have been told fincas are quite expensive to rent, unless they're really remote, where there's only one or two buses (escaleras) passing each day.  We're going shopping later today so, I'll ask around and post anything I find.  If you send me a private message, I'll respond with my cell# and we can talk personally, if you want.

Hi Merril
Thanks for replying so quickly. Yes my Colombian number is ***.
Would enjoy talking with you very much.
Chao

Moderated by Bhavna 3 months ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Merrill I'm sorry for getting back to you late my girlfriend has my phone. If you have a way of calling me on my US# that is with me now otherwise I'll try calling again today around noon.

This is a long-term thread, and very informative. I thought I would post here instead of starting a new one. I am booked for a short visit to La Ceja October 5-8, to get a feel for the town and surrounding area as I try to decide on a location to retire from Canada. I did spend a little time in Medellin and the Coffee Zone this past winter.

I would really appreciate being able to meet up with someone familiar with the area while I am there. Please PM me if there is such a possibility. :)

Expatriate health insurance in Colombia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Colombia

Moving to Colombia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Colombia

Travel insurance in Colombia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Colombia