Yemanja must be mad with me ...

What the heck is wrong with me ?

That's the question I make myself every time Im back in my country  . I never stood in Brazil longer than two years without coming back home ,but now everytime I come back I feel worse .I`m a stranger in two worlds now .The first three months when i'm back in brazil are awesome ,after that begins to appear the problems of the place over again and after exactly one year  I start saying to myself and the people close to me that this is going to be my last year in Brazil .And there I go all over again  .  I spent a lot of money like this , and I know that I really have to stop in one place .
I know  there`s no place like Utopia , but Brazil has so much contrast that sometimes is difficult to digest all of it .
Beautiful people that have a natural smile for everyone, great amount of light all day long ,( oh how I need a tone of that right now . I catched a cold yesterday just because I took a shower and went outside right after ,just a normal think that everyone does in Brazil without any consequence ) . I wish it was " a bridge " between this two continents so when I have enuf of Brazil Id just have to cross to the other end to get back home and so on .
And oh how I miss my brazilian girl that waits for me everytime madness comes over me .

As someone who is trying to move to Brazil I am really interested in hearing what problems drive you away.

Thanks

Hi Claudio,

What you're describing is a phenomenon known as Reverse Culture Shock. You will understand more about it when you read the following posting:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=196136

I'd be extremely interested in hearing how you cope with some things like, the way that most things actually work in other countries and the very same things just don't work here at home. Things like public services of top quality abroad that, despite the massive tax load on Brazilians, are 5th rate or non-existent here. It truly must break your heart to see YOUR country, one that has soooooooooooo much potential stuck in such institutionalized mediocrity. How do you handle the great social injustice and inequality that exists in this country?

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

Oh, by the way........ you did jump over the 7 waves on New Year's Eve to keep Yemanja happy, didn't you? rsrsrsrs

If you didn't then you shouldn't forget to do so at this year's end.

Hi Phil , I don`t like to talk about the problems I see because what might be considered a problem by me could be seen by another one just as a quality of that country .  You must analyze what makes you want to live in Brazil and se if its worth to give it a try . I don`t know USA never been there , but if most of brazilian dream of going there , some to live outhers just to spend some money in Disneyland . And  the brazilian TV news always look up first to US than Europe and allmost never to the countries in latin america . I sense  this south american giant would like to play in the team of the "big guys" .   You could try to be just a "snow bird" for some time , it's much better and never wil have to face to much cultural shock , up and down until someone cuts your wing .
kboing.com.br/inezita-barroso/1-1356032/
When a music like this one will make you shiver than you can be sure that Brazil got you to .

Cheers !
Claudio

Thanks Claudio.

You make a very good point about reflecting on why I want to move to Brazil. The pull has gotten stronger and stronger. I feel like moving there is something I need to try or I will always regret not trying. I will think more about it.

Thanks and good luck to you

Hi James ! I remember we discussed about this concept of reverse culture shock , it s true people need to put down roots in one place we can`t  live us backpackers our whole lifes .
I don`t know what to say abou the public transportation in Brazil because my country to aint what you could call a first world country ,has a lot of problems to . But what I find funny in the public busses there in Brazil are the " catracas " more proper for cattle than for human beings , but that`s the sistems that seams to work in Brazil . I admire the care they have with the +60 years persons over there .
You`r right Brazil has a big potential but the taxes kils it . How I handle the great social injustice  ... us I can`t change a country , don`t even have the right to vote over there ,  some caipirinhas , or a ice with beer along with juice "churrasco" helps a lot to forget once in a while . Or spending some 20 minutes in a freezer can help to remember why Brazil is so much better " Brasil e bao demais ,o lugar mais gostoso do mundo  " illuminating moments of pure agony.  kkkk

I sure have to do so , or Yemanja wil never forgive me rsrsrsrs