Taking Bahrain car to Saudi ! How ?

How's the procedure to take a Bahrain Registered car over to Saudi on the causeway and drive it in Saudi ?

I don't have a Bahraini CPR , just a Saudi Iqama ! So could I drive my friends car in Saudi or not  :unsure

You cannot drive your friends car into Saudi. You don't have insurance for it.

I guess Josnuggles replied to you about the same in this thread :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 50#2423780

T&R

So if I am included in the Insurance I can take the car over to Saudi ?

What will be endorsed on the NOC ? As I don't have a CPR so will my passport details be on the NOC ?

As previously stated you need to be added on to the cars insurance, you don't need CPR for this. Then you need a NOC to allow the car to leave the country. Once on the causeway you will need to purchase insurance that will cover you in Saudi (your Bahrain insurance only covers you in Bahrain)

Please try not to post twice on the same subject.

Josnuggles wrote:

As previously stated you need to be added on to the cars insurance, you don't need CPR for this. Then you need a NOC to allow the car to leave the country. Once on the causeway you will need to purchase insurance that will cover you in Saudi (your Bahrain insurance only covers you in Bahrain)

Please try not to post twice on the same subject.

Josnuggles , thanks , can you tell me the validity of the NOC ?

6 months ? Year ?

And how much does insurance cost for long term in Saudi !?

The NOC depends on the person writing it - When we used to hire it was monthly, when we leased (which we do now) it is annually. Insurance is up to you but 3 months is the max for causeway but still saves you a lot of money