Offer for OMR 300 per month

Hi Friend,

I have get offer for OMR 300 per month. I am working as a Maintainance Engineer in INDIA with B.TECH, M.TECH Mechanical from Aligarh Muslim University & 1 year experience.

COMPANY NAME : Ray International
                POSITION : Station Engineer.
               SALARY:  300 OMR (Negotiable)
                OTHER BENEFITS : Accommodation  Transportation   Medical

Should I accept proposal and what will be saving for this salary?

Hi ansaritechamu.

For someone who's as highly qualified as you are, the salary offered is an .... insult. It is a pittance. I do realise that you do not have any rich work experience as yet.

But still, in comparison, for a local (Omani employee) the minimum salary to be paid has to be R.O. 325/month. That means if the local is a driver, or an office helper, that must be his salary.

The entry-level locals usually do not even speak English, or can do any other job except drive vehicles and they will get paid more than you - who has a master's degree in Engineering !! I don't think so.

Please think this through very carefully.

I wish you well.

Thanku Sumitran Sir, for your valuable suggestion.
i will think over it.

Can i go if salary is negotiate upto 500 OMR or what salary i demand according to my qualification and Experience.

Hi ansaritechamu,

All I would like to say is don't compromise and under quote yourself.

Your salary should make you feel good. Else it is not worth it.

Decide what is your threshold level to achieve that objective.

Quote your price accordingly. And quote with confidence.

Good luck.

ansaritechamu wrote:

Thanku Sumitran Sir, for your valuable suggestion.
i will think over it.

Can i go if salary is negotiate upto 500 OMR or what salary i demand according to my qualification and Experience.

Please don't take me wrong, but this country has been devaluing itself due to this reason. Asking for OMR 500 (Being a masters of Engineering) is more than an insult to this profession (If you really have a REAL Engineering degree).  While if you just have a diploma, you may consider it.

Brother, please don't devalue yourself or other engineers. Being an engineer takes alot of efforts and restless nights. So don't disgrace this profession by accepting the pays that are generally offered to drivers / helpers / technicians or similar types.

Urge you please and show some respect to the degree you have  !