Walking around D1

I love to walk around the city especially D1 and surrounding area. There are many things to see, many shops and things to eat. Some of the area that is interesting to me is the Bitexco Financial area, Ben Thanh market, Pham Ngo Lau and Dong Khoi area. I even got a surprise one day when I stumble into a seminary which is quiet, serene and no tourist and is in the city itself. Anybody know of any interesting things to see or do in the city center while walking around?

Hello,

Agreed, many things to see while walking around D1. I'd prefer quiet places as 23/9 Park or Tao Dan park. There are some fun activities at the park at night time such as aerobic group, dance group...interesting to see. The other areas i think very crowded at night, many tourists and locals :)

Yes, I agreed, there are many parks in HCM city and especially in D1 have the popular ones. As the lakes are what Hanoi is famous for, the parks are a main attractive area when going around D1. There are also music and english groups around the park too.

The Fine Arts Museum, Pho Duc Chinh Sreet, is worth a look. Pho Duc Chinh is a side street 200 to 300 metres SE of Ben Thanh Market.

Thanks for that information and I will take a peek in when walking around that area. This would be after Tet as I am back in Malaysia for Chinese Festival. For those who is familiar walking about D1 take a look at sensesofvietnam.blogspot.com for a reflections of life in HCM city center.

Yeah, that's right but beware of snatchers and thieves if you take your valuables with you  :)

rosalinh38 wrote:

There are some fun activities at the park at night time such as aerobic group, dance group...interesting to see.

Danny's blog is a great help for new expats and tourists!

sensesofvietnam wrote:

Thanks for that information and I will take a peek in when walking around that area. This would be after Tet as I am back in Malaysia for Chinese Festival. For those who is familiar walking about D1 take a look at www.sensesofvietnam.blogspot.com for a reflections of life in HCM city center.

If it does help out that is great as that is the objective of my blog. I have been help by you and others in this Expat.com when I was out on my travelling in Vietnam. This is an excellent forum and blog to share and help each other, and as you have mention especially the new tourist and expats in Vietnam. Thanks Charma.

Good web sites don't need self-promotion. If you supply solid, textual, information, you will get picked up.

Masses of pictures don't make up for all the information that can be detailed in writing. And promoting your web site in the way you do here doesn't get you Google help (same web site).

You should also try reducing the file size of your images - Julien will no doubt enjoy reduced costs, and viewers quicker downloads.