Cost of living in Cyprus – 2015

Another suggestion for finding properties that may be helpful as it seems you are looking for a studio or 1 bed apartment.

If you enter 'long term rentals + paphos + 1 bed apartment' in your web browser search bar a list of available properties will come up. Then you can do another search replacing '1 bed apartment' with 'studio'.

Thank you, but i want to avoid the airbnb and similar services. I'm not saying this is what you advise, but the internet search results with this kind of service for tourists most of times.

I have used the airbnb few times, but now ideally I would just rent private, off this service (although I know many owners which have been renting privately -now they use airbnb) . I don't know how much realistic is this.

Magsy13

The rental agencies I am recommending are the ones used by people intending to live in Paphos on a long term basis, they are not holiday rentals or for tourists but for people like myself who have made Cyprus my home. We feel happier using a rental agent than dealing direct with a landlord in case any issues arise.

To start you off I used SmartRentz - they only deal with people looking for a minimum let of 6 months or more.

http://www.smartrentzcyprus.com/property_search.php

Ok, but what is the commission/fee of those agencies?

A person who is renting a property pays one month's rent and a security deposit which is the equivalent of one month's rent when signing the lease. The security deposit will be returned at the end of the lease provided the property is in a similar condition to when you started the lease.

The owner of the property is responsible for any fees or commission payable to the rental agent.

Hi can anybody help how much the average annual electricity bill for a two bedroom apartment in Paphos is.
Regards.

We live in a 2 bed apartment and over the past 12 months we have paid €311.27.  It will depend on how often you use  the washing machine, oven and air conditioners and other small electrical appliances.  We were away for just under a month so add on about another €30 for extra units. I have a budget of €1 per day for electricity.

Hi thanks for your information a great  help.
Regards Elzed.

The Electricity Authority of Cyprus (EAC) announced a 4.5 per cent drop in the price of electricity on Thursday that will be applied to November bills, set to be received this month.

The measure will affect the 05, 06, 07 and 08 household tariffs.

The EAC also announced they would not be cutting off power for people with unpaid bills in light of Christmas celebrations. The move will be effective for four weeks, starting from December 14 to January 10.

http://cyprus-mail.com/2015/12/03/elect ... -november/

Hi. I'm new to Cyprus. You mentioned 05 06 07 type households for electricity. What does mean. Thanks

this will explain it

https://www.eac.com.cy/EN/CustomerServi … 202013.pdf

Hi. Once again valuable information. Thanks.
I also wanted to thank you for giving me Alekos the taxi driver's name. We have just returned from Cyprus, and used Alekos all the time. What a lovely man. We have become firm friends. He even had us at his house to meet his family. When we return in February he has invited us out for dinner. An offer we will definitely be taking up.
Can you also recommend any nice restaurants in and around Peyia. We want a mix of Cypriot food, not just British. We are also going to try coral bay on  our next visit.

Thanks again

Linda

Kitchy wrote:

Hi. Once again valuable information. Thanks.
I also wanted to thank you for giving me Alekos the taxi driver's name. We have just returned from Cyprus, and used Alekos all the time. What a lovely man. We have become firm friends. He even had us at his house to meet his family. When we return in February he has invited us out for dinner. An offer we will definitely be taking up.
Can you also recommend any nice restaurants in and around Peyia. We want a mix of Cypriot food, not just British. We are also going to try coral bay on  our next visit.

Thanks again

Linda

Pleased to be of help

There as some fab restaurants in Peyia and Coral Bay
Cousins - superb rep and family run
Peyia Tavern  - fab meze
The Old Cinema Bar - quirky but good food
The Mediterranean in the village - even more quirky fab food and a very eccentric owner
Savvas Grill
Neos sports bar is also good for food and entertainment
The Grande (behind the jail bar) is excellent home cooked plain solid food. family run and fab hosts

In Coral Bay
Phidias Tavern is second to none. Phidias and his sons along with all their staff are just awesome hosts
Samisen Japanese Tepenyaki restaurant - is I think a must visit if you want good food and a totally unique cooking, eating and entertaining experience.
The Santa Marina do great fish n chips
Dyonisis  has a great reputation
For an all english experience and fab hosts good english food especially the sunday lunch *(must book) try the Frog and Toad

Towards St Georges
Namos snack bar and café
Searays on the edge of the Akamas
The Welcome
Anesi

of course there are more to explore just a little further afield

enjoy your next visit

Spoiled  for choice eh

Good afternoon all,

Hi I am british passport holder living in London planning to move to Cyprus .........
I need information as regards to EU treaty rights/Family reunification.

I also need information on EU residency card .

I am planning to start my business of Himalayan salt lamp and I need the work force from Pakistan on work Permit.

All the information or advise are greatly appreciated.

Need the costing if possible please.

Regards,
Imran.

Hello All,
I am Indian and working in Saudi Arabia currently.
I want to live and work in Cyprus.
Can you please help from where to start for job and visa and work permits?
Thanks and regards.