Salaries in Cyprus and rental

Hello,

I may get a job in Cyprus as a salesman in a retail shop. Does anyone know what is the monthly salary for the employee in the private sector? if lets say its 800-900 euro per month, is this a good salary to live in Cyprus??

What about the apartment rent? how much is a descent apartment to rent in Cyprus? Can you recommend any web site to look for?

Also, i ve heard there is no good public transportation. Would that be a problem for someone who doesnt drive?

Thank you

The salary is not good. Actually it is considered low.
You can have a descent apartment around 300eur for 1 bedroom but still it depends on the city.
Check the website tospitimou.gr ( it has an option for Cyprus)
Also the living expenses in Cyprus are pretty much the same as in Greece ( foods - gasoline is cheaper 1,2E Cyprus, 1,6E Greece , drinks at bar are cheaper than in Greece)
There are no good transportation as in Athens or in Thessaloniki but it does not mean they do not exist. Still it depends on the city you live.
In which city you found job?

Hi Theo, thanks for the reply..Well, the job is in Lefkosia but i think i will not accept their offer because today they told me the salary is 800/month Gross! so, i believe its not worth it and i will wait for something better...

thank you

I hope something better comes up. I suggest you search a job in Limassol.After all what's the point living in Cyprus and being away from the sea!! :) Good luck!