Looking for your advices

Hi!
I'm an Italian guy that is planning his holiday/experience in India and I'm looking forward to receive suggestions from you…. The plan is to be in India 21 days ( maybe 28 ) anyway the plan right now is done according to stay on holiday 21 days (18.12.2010 to 8.01.2011).In case I will do 7 days more I'd love to visit Kumbh Mela.
Once in India I'd like to travel by bus and by train and I wouldn't like to spend to much for accommodations.
During my researches I found an advice that I sometime forget to bear in mind…. Not to be over ambitious and try to see everything in a short time in a single trip instead enjoy calmly every place with peace of mind, so that the memories remain for long.
Before to deep in research I' m trying to find some suggestions according to my plan that you can find below. (Obviously is not precisely detailed yet.)
DELHI -> JAIPUR  (250-300 KM)
JAIPUR -> Fatehpur Sikri (200-250 KM)
Fatehpur Sikri -> Agra ( 40 km)
Agra -> Gwalior (150 km)
Gwalior  -> Orchha (120 km)
Orchha -> khajuraho (175 -200 km)
Khajuraho -> Varanasi  (400 km)
Varanasi   -> Kolkata (750 – 800 km)

I would also love to see Himalaya and its landscapes….maybe you can suggest me a place to add at my trip unless you think I would have not enough time according to all the places I want to visit….Otherwise, according to your experience, you might suggest me not to see a place that I chose in my plan in order to visit some beautiful place near Himalaya!
I would very happy if you could suggest me anything that could be useful for my first experience!
I'm looking forward to receiving news from you!
Thanks a lot
Andrea

Welcome on Expat-blog Andrea! :) I hope you will receive lots of advices from our members soon.

Good luck
Christine

Dear Andrea,
The way you've mentioned the kilometers, it looks you are gonna visit the places by travelling on road !
Whereas there're lots of development taking place, as far as highways are concerned which makes even locals confused sometimes.
Else, you've asked very mysterious question b'coz you may easily contact any travel agent available through several websites on the internet..........but that too depends upon your budget.
Thus what exactly you want to know ?

maybe u should plan for south india

Ciao Andrea!
In my point of view, this is already a lot for 3 weeks. You should just enjoy these places and plan another trip for Himalayas :)
Now more to what you wrote: If you're taking the road after Agra, let me tell you the road condition is not very good so travel time will be a lot. I would recommend taking a train from Varanasi to Kolkata as it's pretty long.
If time permits, you can go to Darjeeling from Kolkata. It's a beautiful place and half of world's tea is grown there :)
Let me know if you need any more specific info.
Have fun! Happy traveling!
Sam