Moving to Marrakech 10-1-10 and I'm excited!!

Hello all Expat's. My name is Saif and I'm moving from the US to Marrakech in Oct to start a few businesses. Currently only speak English, but plan on learning French and Arabic. I was born in Kenitra, Morocco but was moved to the states after I was born. I have all of my mother's family still in Marrakech, which should help with learning French and Arabic, but I also plan on attending school for French if available.
I know with the business and the language barrier, there will be times I will be a bit stressed and would like to relax with some people that can speak English besides my sister who is also making the trip for the business and speaks French.

Maybe I'll be able to meet a few people from Expat!

Anyway, thanks for reading this if you did and take care.
:)

Saif

Hi Saif!

Welcome to Expat-Blog!:)

Am sure that you will meet lots of people and make friends in Marrakech. Do keep us updated about your experiences there.

Regards,
Sheetul.

Hello Sheetul!,

Thank you for the kind words and I will do my best to keep you updated!

Saif

Saif,

I arrived in Marrakech from Boston less than a week ago, and it's been a blast so far. I'll try to contact you when you get here, and organize a get together over tea or something.

Richard

Sounds good!

dude !
im doing business here and i suck at french !! no worries , you shall manage !

Let me know when you're around

Hahaha that's awesome! Thank you for the words of encouragement. That helps me feel a little better, but one of my goals is to definitely learn how to speak french. Regardless I'll let you know when I'm in town.
What kind of business do you do there?

Your welcome !!

Well i have just started , Real Estate - Holiday Rentals , We will be buying apartments n furnishing them and renting them out for nightly or weekly

what about u ?

Argan Xtreme Sports argansports.com is the name of the company. The website is still in it's infant stages, so there is a lot that still needs to be added. Our business concept is we will have a bicycle shop(Argan Xtreme Sports) and also a cafe next door (Arganic Cafe). We will also have a touring company (Argan Eco Tours). With the touring company we'll have short hourly tours along with weekend and week long tours. Then to round it all out we will have a distribution company (Argan Distribution). With the distribution company we will be selling bicycles to other bicycle shops throughout North Africa. Right now we have the distribution rights to sell Giant Bicycles.
So that is what we'll be doing in a nutshell.
Who knows maybe we'll be able to refer each other some business!!

Hey,I'm thinking of moving to Marrakech in January, so it would be great to meet up! Georgina

Everyone feel free to contact me at 06 18 95 98 87