Brasil residents visa

Hi,

To qualify for a residents visa in Brasil by investing 150,000 RS minimum in property (or business) does anyone know if the purchased property must be rented out or can the owner live in that same property?

Thanks,
Justin.

Justin, I actually work with Immigration and I can try and help you with this piece of info tomorrow. Can you please remind me to do so?

Hi Justin,

Acutally the Brazilian government closed that gaping loophole in the immigration policy for VIPER Permanent Visas for Investor. Now no property purchases qualify even if they were truly money making ventures.

Guess we expats spoiled it for ourselves abusing that one. Too many were buying up houses and apartments in the "name of their company" and then renting it back to themselves, paying the rent with the salary the "company" paid them.

Now investment is much more tightly controlled, one needs a detailed business plan and the visa is provisional for the first 3 years. When renewing you must prove the business still exists and has turn over, and that the original investment has not been repatriated. Then you'd receive a permanent visa.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Bom dia! :)

Justin, James is right.

It is impossible to rent a house as an "investment" . You will need a serious business plan that will be controlled by the government. When evaluating your visa application, the Ministry of Work will prioritize the social relevance of your business (criteria: the creation of jobs, the increase in productivity, the transference and assimilation of technology,investment in specific sectors,  generation of revenue in Brazil).

We can talk later about this, if you wish.

Hi James,
Thanks for the response so quickly.
When did they close this off  ?- what a pity.
As I am not yet ready to get married and do not have any children with a Brazilian partner I guess I ll have to look at other options such as the business - it was always my intention to start a business anyway but would have been nice to  had some time to settle in first.
Really appreciate the advice or any additional advice you have on the subject.
Regards,
Justin.

They closed this loophole a couple of years ago.

Well, other than marriage or child the VIPER Permanent Visa for Investment is still the easiest and least bureaucratic category to obtain. The present government has virtually ordered the Ministry of Labor to grant all applications for which the paperwork is in order.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts team

Thanks James - sound advice.

Dear James, Octavia, Friends,

I Wish You Good Health, Peace, Safety & Positive Mind in the New Year...
Be a Human, Live Simple Life Style without Harming People, Animals, Nature...

I have read answers to Justin.

I am a Social Worker, core experience is with Children. My wife is a Brazilian, and is planning to join me in India on Tourist Visa this January, her visa expires on 5th February 2015. I have already booked her ticket for 20 January. If she wants to come to India with Entry Visa, then i have i was told that i must spend Sponsorship Letter on Indian Judicial Stamp Paper signed Indian Notary Public Office. Then i can use the same ticket but postpone the dates.

I was also told to get 'Attestation of Marriage Certificate' by Brazilian Foreign Ministry, i did not understand this. Is it Indian Civil Marriage Certificate or Brazil Marriage Certificate? We have already got Apostille from Ministry of Home Affairs(India), New Delhi & submitted the same at Embassy of Brazil, and they issued a Marriage Certificate and my wife has registered it at Brazil and now we have Brazil Marriage Certificate too. Then she can apply for Entry Visa with these documents with a fee of RS475 and Consulate General of India may give Visa for 1 year or 6 months.

If she comes to India with the current Tourist Visa, then we need to apply for Conversion of Visa to Entry/X Visa at Hyderabad FRRO, they generally give 1 year X Visa(Resident Visa).
After staying in India for 9 months, then we both want to come to Brazil, and i want to apply for VIPER(Permanent Visa). I am happy to know through Mr.James on this Expat.com that the process has become faster, and i will get it in 3 months.

AKS6226,

For the immigrations issues and visa issues with India, you will need to be using the India Marriage Certificate in all your dealings with them.

Likewise in your dealings with Brazil on issues of visa and immigrations you need to use the Brazilian Marriage Certificate in all your processes.

Also, if you Brazilian wife has not already done so. Your marriage in India which has already been registered with the Consulado-Geral do Brasil there in India, must also be registered here in Brazil at the 1º Oficio do Registro Civil das Pessoas Naturais (either in Brasília or the city where she resides).

Cheers,
James

Dear James,

Thank you. Now i have clarity regarding respective Marriage Certificates and where to use it.