Accommdation in Bogota

Hello everybody,

We are looking for info on accommodation in Bogota, to help us complete the Life in Colombia Guide.

Do you have any pratical informations which could help new expats in Bogota? (for example: infos on house or appartment renting, leases and rental agreements, legislation in Colombia regarding property acquisition)

Please share in this discussion.

Thanks for your participation :)

Actually you can also speak to a lawyer
There are many specialized lawyers that can provide you with a folder with all the necessary paperworks for rental agencies and it costs little money, it shouldn't cost more than 50.000 or 100.000 pesos. I did it twice while trying to rent an apartment and it worked out just nice. I guess not all of us can afford to pre-pay a whole year in advance so it's always an option, of course, as long as you have a valid residence permit, it can't be done if you're on a tourist visa. If you have any doubts, ask me here or privately!

I will recommend you Hotel Casa Deco The staff at the hotel were incredibly helpful with every request we made. They were upbeat and knowledgeable. After three days, I felt like we were almost friends! The breakfasts were outstanding, as advertised, and the room looked just like the photos.

We did have a small issue where we stored our bags and one got left behind. They transferred it for us, but to the wrong place. This would not change my recommendation, though I would have appreciated a bit more responsiveness at that stage.

[Moderated: No free advert]