Popular neighborhoods for Expats to live

Our family is considering a move from Cali to Bogota.  If you love your neighborhood in Bogota, and it is family friendly, can you tell me about it?  (Name, location, etc)  If you know the average rental price range this would also be very helpful information.  Thank you so much in advance!!!!

dc_vida wrote:

Our family is considering a move from Cali to Bogota.  If you love your neighborhood in Bogota, and it is family friendly, can you tell me about it?  (Name, location, etc)  If you know the average rental price range this would also be very helpful information.  Thank you so much in advance!!!!

While awaiting replies from members who live in Bogotá, you may want to check out Chapinero:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapinero
Also, these links for apartments:
https://www.google.com/search?q=arriend … +chapinero

Chapinero Alto can be an option because it is quite green, but hilly. There are gorgeous appartments with great views here.
Chico and Chico Norte (around calle 85) is a great neighborhood. Rather upper class, close to the business district, and full of restaurants, bars, and upscale stores and malls. A lot of streets are planted with trees, and there is a number of small parks.  It is a safe, well maintained neighborhood, even though, because it is an upscale barrio, it can attract thieves.
There are are more nice neighborhood than these,two, but these are the places I know best and where I'd certainly like to live.

I highly recommend Chico Navarra. I used to live at Chico Navarra and I have enjoyed my stay there. Very nice neighborhood with lots of pocket gardens and nearby restaurants. It has a great community environment. Quiet and secured neighborhood. Great place for biking, running and afternoon walk. Easy access to the Church, public transportation, banks, salons, gym,  grocery stores and shopping malls  (Andino, Home Sentry, Exito).  Chico Navarra is also close to great places like Usaquen and Parque 93. Rental fee is from 2.5M COP to 5M COP.

Hi there :) You might find this post I wrote on Where to live in Bogotá useful: - howtobogota.com/2014/03/04/where-to-live-in-bogota

But in a nutshell, I think that where you live should depend on where you will be working and where your kids schools are (because traffic is a nightmare in Bogotá!). I think that Salitre, Chicó (especially Parque Virrey) and Cedritos are nice areas for families. There are green areas/parks and they are more 'well-off' neighbourhoods. But it depends what your budget is. A family apartment in Chicó could cost 4-12 million pesos a month. In Salitre/Cedritos it would be more like 2-3 million pesos depending on how many bedrooms you need and how nice the building is.

You can look at - metrocuadrado.com.co and - fincaraiz.com.co to get a better idea of prices.

Good luck!

I think Santa Barbara is not bad. It has Unicentro shopping mall, parks, carulla, jumbo, exito, D1, lots of gyms and beauty salons, Sitp busses that will take you to transmi if u need, many places for kids (ballet, rythmic gym, music courses, kumon), hotels or kindergartens for pets. It has even school Reyes Catolicos,that is told to have good level. Family friendly place. But yes, it is important to have ur job more or less close.