Expat in Mumbai!!

Hi! I just arrived in Mumbai and would love to make some new friends!!! I'm doing voluntary work for an organisation called Door Step School here. I'm 30 yrs old, I come from Sweden and normally you would find me in front of a computer in an office in Stockholm. Please contact me!!
Jeanette

Hi Jeanette!

Welcome to Expat-Blog! :).

Am sure,people will get back to you and you will make lots of friends soon. Traveling to a new country is always exciting, keep us updated about your new experience living in Mumbai.

Sheetul.

Thanx! ;)

HI Jeanette

I am an irish chap who stays in powai during the week and dont know many people either! if u are close by I am happy to meet for a beer or whatever,

enjoy your time here, it takes some getting used to but its a hell of a place!

all the best
Colm

Hi Colm,

I would very much like to meet for a coffee or a beer. I'm staying in Fort, and can meet up either here in South Mumbai or  up north! Let me know.

best wishes,
Jeanette

Harleystaggers wrote:

HI Jeanette

I am an irish chap who stays in powai during the week and dont know many people either! if u are close by I am happy to meet for a beer or whatever,

enjoy your time here, it takes some getting used to but its a hell of a place!

all the best
Colm

hey,
im from poland but im iving in bombay (bandra west).
for now im on holidays in poland but i b bak in october:)

Hi Jeanette,

Sounds good, I have sent you a mail with my contact details etc

Colm,

hi,

i am from philippines living in mumbai for 1 year, if you need a friend or any help you can call or sms me in my mobile#9619569662

zena

Hi I'm a Norwegian who have been living in Mumbai for about two months. Stays in Chandivali/Powai and works in Vikroli. Interested in meeting anywhere in Mumbai.

Regards,
Karsten

zena wrote:

hi,

i am from philippines living in mumbai for 1 year, if you need a friend or any help you can call or sms me in my mobile#9619569662

zena

i need a friend lol

hey all, i just moved here from Swiss and would be great to connect with you all...
cheers!!

maybe we can choose some date n place n meet all together ? :)

good plan e.edyta!

I am game but will leave the time and place to you :O)

Colm

hahahaha ;)
when i was last time in bombay i didnt go out often so i dunno many places.
i will b bak in india in next week so im waiting for some info ;)

well seeing as it was your idea, why dont we meet close to you?

how about Toto's at Pali Naka in Bandra?http://maps.google.co.in/maps/place?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=toto's+bandra&fb=1&gl=in&hq=toto's&hnear=Bandra,+Maharashtra&cid=1126475773468845799

when are you back?

Colm

im bak :) waiting for us! ;)

toto's tonight or tomorrow or next week works for me!
let me know what u guys think!

Toto's in Bandra tomorrow works for me.

Karsten

ok then tmrw :)

and it now seems I have to go to Pune tomorrow!
still up for meeting you guys but will have to be another time for me!

Enjoy Toto's, it's a fun spot!

So should we say today around 8 - 8.30 pm then?

Regards,
Karsten

ye but only me n u can come. so maybe lets wait for harleystaggers?

Hi

That is ok to me. Then maybe someone can suggest another time and place?

Regards,
Karsten

hi guys

Sorry about tonight.

How about monday night, same place, say 8.30pm? A great way to start the week?!:D

Namaste ! Patrick from france, come very often in Mumbai for 5 years and now full time here till late June 2011

Karsten told me about this forum and the appointment scheduled on next Monday in Bandra. I'll check with my agenda and if OK, could be with you

see you soon

i have one question. sb was in this place before?

Dear Jeanette,
I had called you at the doorstep within a day or two after you put in the post.
I am an Indian aged 49 and assist Expats,Students,Tourists & more importantly volunteers from Spain,South America and Nordic countries.
Probably  you were not expecting a phone call at doorstep.

I would have been happy to meet you at the doorstep office where you are assisting the NGO.
Anyway please keep up with the good work.

Arthand

e.edyta,
I  am not sure what you mean, but if you are asking about the bar, then yes, i have been once before..it is a well known bar in bandra.

ye i askd about bar ;) i dont know it so yeee... n my husband didnt tell me nice thing about this place. but let's check :)

Hi,

Any new plans for expats gathering??
I've been in Mumbai since March and did not go outside much and would be great meeting other expats in Mumbai.
I will fly to Germany next week and come back 2nd week of November. I hope some plans would be fixed by then.

Cheers!
Mazen

Hi

Not really sure what happend that evening. I went to Totos, about 30 mins late and could find no one there. Also, I don't think any other events has been planned so far.

Karsten

hey i was there with one more guy..

Hi, I'm Australian, currently living in Delhi, but do move around for work, and likely to come to Mumbai - hoping to meet some of you soon.

Hi,
I'm french and working in Mumbai for the next few weeks so if you plan other meeting soon I will be happy to join you.

Cheers
FX

did u check maybe mumbai expat club on face book?
there is expat meeting every week in vie lounge in juhu

OK thanks I'll check it.

hello friends I am from Mumbai, India but I live in Poland. I am currently in Mumbai for vacations. I will be here till end of november so it would be great to meet you all. It would be great to know some Polish people living in mumbai or nearby in India. I speak polish too :)
Best Regards.
Sunil

Hello everybody
In Mumbai for one week, I need advice to understand people and life style.
lol
see you

HI, I AM A MALE FROM MUMBAI, I AM A INDIAN, I AM WORKING IN A TOP MANAGEMENT POSITION HERE, LETS BE FRIENDS AND MEET OVER SOMETIME AT A NICE COFFEE SHOP OF YOUR CHOICE, PLZ CONTACT ME ON [email protected] or call me on 09820401822

take Care,

RANJAH

Hey Ranjah,

Please avoid using Caps Lock when posting on the forum.

Cheers