Vietnamese names only on birth certificate?

I heard that a child born in Vietnam to a Vietnamese couple (mother is Vietnamese, father is not) can only have Vietnamese name on the birth certificate, is this true?

My daughter has a VNese name as well as a Western name on her papers - the only thing you have to do is to make sure they spell it right otherwise junior might get stuck with an unusual name, or worse.

I insisted we omit 'Thi', too. Write names very clearly on registration forms. Changing names is so complex!

The government is slowly adjusting to today's realities, too. They call 'common law' couples as 'de facto married'! They've managed to handle sex change (done out of country) paperwork but it involves a doctor - on their computer system. Guess it's handy using unisex VNese names, just requires the deletion, or addition, of 'Thi'.

I think they require at least one part of the childs name to be Vietnamese but I've heard some provinces interpret this in various ways (like every other rule or law in Vietnam) Our children have Vietnamese middle names but I have heard that in some places they require the first name or given name to be Vietnamese. I have even heard of some not using any VN name.

interesting guess I'll find out next month. Was planning to name my baby daughter Kristina on the paperwork and the Vietnamese name would just be spoken in the family.

Am presently going through the process.
All that is required is that the child have 1 Vietnamese name. ... It is the law....
The child can have as many western names as you wish.
This is from the Justice Department in Dong Nai where Foreigner with Vietnamese wife babies must be registered.. 
You have 3 months from birth in which to register the birth...
Believe this is for Ho Chi Minh area

My baby's birth certifate only have chinese name on, which is wang hao, nothing to do with vietnames

The others are factual

One name is enough.  We used the Vietnamese name as the babies middle name, western first and last name.

hello ,

i try to register my son as english name , vietnamese middle name . english surname. but the people committee denied my application. what going on? this is my second baby and my first has no problem.