Occupational Therapist moving to Vietnam

Hello all I am a trained occupational therapist from the USA. I will be moving with my girlfriend to Saigon in May. I am hoping to connect with anyone who may know of other expats who are working with children who have disabilities (i.e. autism). I am looking to work or simply connect with organizations who may need a occupational therapist or schools that may need services of a trained professional as myself.

There is at least one other, a female. You'll have to Google.

You better find out, as well, if you have to register with the Health Ministry in Ha Noi by showing your credentials, etc.

Doctors and surgeons do as do opticians. Try contacting the friendly VietNam Consulate in San Francisco for information.

I volunteered at Peace Village in Hanoi. This is a Hospital/School for Autistic and Down Syndrome children. I worked with the kids and staff as a volunteer there. The Doctor in charge does not speak English but a teacher who should have finished medical school by now does. The area around the school is old and Modern. Skyscrapers are being built all around and a new underground mall called Royal City is there. This mall is the biggest and most modern mall I have ever seen.

Check out Peace Village. Hope this can lead you into the direction...

AlexterBalexter: thanks you for the message. We will be starting out in saigon and hopefully once we settle we can explore from there. I have heard of peace village through a friend. As of now I am trying to connect with many individuals who are working with autistic/special need children as to obtaining more information regarding services that are being provided there in Vietnam (if any).

Hi. I know some of the practitioners in Sai Gon. I'm a parent.
I'm interested to know about your services too.

Hello NPM,

I can connect with via email. Please send me your email. Thanks

Hi, i am an audiologist based in Hanoi. I have been looking for an occupational therapist for quite a long time. I'd be very glad to refer our patients to you. These patients have hearing loss (with amplification) and some have multiple disabilities. Most of them are attending speech therapy but those with behavioral problems would greatly improve through occupational therapy. Please send me a private message. Thank you.

Hello,
I am a Special Education teacher and a DIR Floortime provider trained in early intervention  and providing developmental based therapy to children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
I will be relocating to Ho Chi Minh soon and I am interested to know if you are currently practicing as an OT there? Have you been able to work with children with special needs (particularly autism)? Basically what has your experience been, as a professional, finding work and interacting with other professionals in the field?
Thanks