Cost of living in Riyadh

hi,

i might move to Riyadh Inshallah ! but would like to know the cost of living this city especialy;

> room charges on sharing and individual basis
> travelling within city - public transport accessibility
> food expenses - home cooked & hotel
> electricity
> cost of phone and internet services
> medical facilities

would appreciate if some one could guide on the above mentioned points.

thanks

Well brother, it also depends on how many members are coming with you. Anyway, I think you should not worry about the food expense. The rents here are pretty much expensive. A normal apartment might cost you like 20,000 SR a year, or even more a bit. Phones calls shouldn't be a problem, since, you have like 3 different companies here.

I wish you all the best, brother.

Ramon,

Internet packages vary from 50SAR to 350SAR. I go with 2mbps wimax at 180SAR/mo. I believe.

Phone is .30 or .45 for local calls per min. And each country has its respective rates.

Rooms? I don't know. You can find apts. for as low as 10,000 to as high as 30,000. It's all about what you are fine with.

Taxi's. I can go pretty much anywhere important in Riyadh for 15 SAR. You do this by verbally negotiating before getting in, and when he says no, just tell him "see ya" and then he'll agree to it.

Electricity is priced at 1SAR per kw I believe. With 25SAR for the meter rental. Not sure, I forget really. But it's around that.

Medical is all according to where you go. All private, so you could pay 150SAR at one place, and 20SAR at another. Clinics are everywhere now, so you can get the 20SAR treatment easily.

There ya go.