Partner coming to KSA, advice

Dear all,

I have just recently moved to Jeddah, KSA for a 2year contract at an international school from London, UK. The question I have is -

I am engaged to someone and hopefully we plan to get married in the new year around June - as she is a nursery teacher, I am pretty sure I can get her a job working in the school.

My visa (currently applying for iqama) says that I am single at the moment so would I have to change that if I got married? Also, if she comes as my spouse/dependent, is she able to work legally or must she come on a work visa? If she comes on the work visa, how do I prove I am married to her (surnames may not be the same) - do I have to carry a marriage certificate with me everywhere?

Thanks a lot for your help. Look forward to being a member of this forum.

Bill

Hello My dear
Pls invite me to ur wedding :)
Now if ur Iqama is ready and she have one u can start marriage process normaly her in the kingdom.
another idea you can bothe go to Bahrain to get married offecialy then stamp ur marrige certificate from Saudi Empassy in Bahrainm but u have to keep a copy in ur car wher ever u go, by the way now a days if u and partner go every wher no one will ask u who is she unless u behave badly
now there is a new low less than a month her in Saudia that ur wife can work in Private school officialy without transfer her sponsorship to the school. its legal
whis u the best
if u visit riyadh try to cantact me, u r welcom

Thank you very much Yahya. Inshallah and same for you in jeddah.

About this law in private schools, will this definitely become official in one month?

Thank you

bilz_100 wrote:

About this law in private schools, will this definitely become official in one month?

Thank you

I'm sure you will not be very excited to know about this news since it's the 4th time in the last one month I have read the contradictory statement in the newspaper. There's still no confirmation about this from the ministry. So I wud still say to hold your horses back till there is some confirmed news from the ministry.
Btw, this is not the first contradictory news published here :)

ًAlthough unclear and still unconfirmed but what I understood from local English news papers is that female teachers under sponsorship of father/husband may work in a school legally by applying for a certificate through the Ajeer service. Validity of this certificate would be one year and its renewable.
website is in Arabic ajeer.com.sa/

Dear Ehtesam,

Thank you very much for that - will look into it!!

hi bill,she cannot get employed here if she is your dependent.she must get herself her own employer but if u want to be with here,like live together.u must carry with u always ur marriage contract with an arabic translation.