Sending money from Thailand

Help please.

I will be living and working in Phuket; I will be paid in to a Thai bank account.

Is there a way that I can transfer a small amount of money each month to my UK bank account? Like a standing order in England? Or maybe just to pay cash in to my account (Lloyds).

I've searched through the net, suggestions seem to be send a lump sum every few months rather than small amounts monthly.
Or that it's impossible to do without a large amount being 'lost' or 'charged' along the way.

Any suggestions?

Pinkdogs_meow wrote:

Help please.

I will be living and working in Phuket; I will be paid in to a Thai bank account.

Is there a way that I can transfer a small amount of money each month to my UK bank account? Like a standing order in England? Or maybe just to pay cash in to my account (Lloyds).

I've searched through the net, suggestions seem to be send a lump sum every few months rather than small amounts monthly.
Or that it's impossible to do without a large amount being 'lost' or 'charged' along the way.

Any suggestions?

Sending money back to the UK is certainly possible however bank charges might be prohibitive for smaller amounts.
There are also currency controls in place by the Bank of Thailand, although this is really for larger transfers.

If you have to be paid into a local account then Bangkok Bank is a good choice. They have a branch in London and will be able to help with transfers I m sure. They also have an Internet banking facility BUT I am not sure this can be used for international transfers.

The hardest thing will be setting up an account here because of the criteria imposed by different banks and even different branches of the same bank. However seeing as you will be working (I assume with a work permit) this should not cause you a problem.

Another option is to get an account with HSBC which is represented in Thailand, I note you are with Lloyds so I guess you would not want to change.

Whatever you choose there will be charges unfortunately.

Hope that helps