HSBC Bank

Hi Humans,
Just wondering if anyone can help us with this question; HSBC Bank Thailand is this bank regarded as a Thai Bank. We have the impression that it is, but we are not 100% on this.

Regards john & Debbie

hello John.
I'm currently working in HSBC Indonesia.
As far as I can tell, HSBC is an international bank, so it's not a local bank in one country.
Nevertheless, HSBC should apply to the country's regulations and policies in which it is operating its services.
I hope this clarifies.

thank you ravinsa.
rregards john & debbie

Hi John
Yes Ravinsa is correct

Here is my personal opinion of HSBC Bangkok - although other clients may not agree.

I have had a HSBC account in the UK for over 25 years
I did open a THAI Account too
But the THAI REGULATIONS that govern the Bank make it
to say the least:
Not one of my recommendations...

Because there is only one branch in the entire country
You have to go to Sathorn every time you want to do anything>
To transfer money or do the most simple of tasks
They require faxes or visits to the bank
Again a major Inconvenience>

If you want a Credit card they make deposit a minimum 150,000 baht which will earn very small interest. Hardly a credit card if you have to deposit money first.

But its not just HSBC Thailand that makes it difficult for us, its the Banking system of Thailand.

My advice is choose a Thai bank instead - they are still difficult to deal with - but at least you wont have to go to Sathorn everytime you need to do somehting.

Yes, I completely agree with Danny.
HSBC's network in Thailand is still in a really small scope, unlike its neighboring countries like Singapore, Malaysia, or my country.
the only benefit that I think can be used is only the global network of HSBC. besides that, maybe it's better to reconsider of choosing a local Thai bank.

In October of 2015, I was told in the HSBC building in Bangkok that there are no HSBC bank branches or ATMs in Thailand, so I could not use HSBC to get money at all.  This is sad because the HSBC ATMs in Kuala Lumpur and Cebu gave me access to very large sums of money without a fee; it was amazing.

Yes that is correct.In 2012 they sold all their personal banking operations to Krungsri Bank and now only deal with Business customers in Thailand.

HSBC Stands for Hong Kong, Singapore, Britain, China. A group of wealthy businessmen got together and form distinct a long time ago. As they have stated this is not a Thai or local bank and they did sell their interest in Thailand back in 2012.