Real hardcore gym

Do you guys think this would do well in Saigon?

Something similar to MetroFlex https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ … 0279_o.jpg (except a little bit more aesthetic to not scare off women and beginners)

I currently work out at Saigon Pearl and I've tried most other gyms like Cali and etc....I just don't get a vibe and motivation from going to a gym thats like a health club for old ladies/bar lightning hybrid.

TV and other celebrities work out at a real down at heals place on Quan 1 to avoid fans!

Jaitch wrote:

TV and other celebrities work out at a real down at heals place on Quan 1 to avoid fans!

I thought all the "celebs" and "models" work out at Cali?

My concern would be value for money and the location plus opening hours. Maybe the facilities as well as I'd like to shower afterwards... The limiting factor will be me (being unmotivated) and not the environment.

Loud grunting puts me off as does the "music" they tend to play. But then, I'm a fatso with grey hair. But one with fond memories of riding a Yamaha RD 350 YPVS to Spain and returning with some 15 kg of olive wood.

Life without a perfect safety net (money, credit carfds, GPS and a string of hotels all pre-booked) is something less folks even know. TBH, my camping days are over. But I've discovered couchsurfing.

This is totally off topic, but I'd like to throw out some statements and wonder what you hard core bodybuilders think?

* it's 80% diet.
* Personally, I'd prefer STRENGTH, not "beach muscles". Can you do a triathlon? do 50 push ups? This kind of thing. (Yes, I know how hard it is to add real muscle mass)
*Youtube has a lot of weird stuff like folks advocating losing weight by sticking to some junk food diets. But there'sa ton of good stuff,too.
* A friend in HCMC wants to become a PT. He's juicing lemon grass and bought a trampoline. Sucha trampoline is working amazingly well and should help busy women, too! One can work up a sweat in say 15 minutes.
* Go try to clean your colon. Psyllium Husk is great when mixed into cold milk or juice.
*Closing, I personally believe that resistance training is the right way for fat people - vs only cardio!

Errm, how much is Cali charging over here?

hs0zfe wrote:

My concern would be value for money and the location plus opening hours. Maybe the facilities as well as I'd like to shower afterwards... The limiting factor will be me (being unmotivated) and not the environment.

Loud grunting puts me off as does the "music" they tend to play. But then, I'm a fatso with grey hair. But one with fond memories of riding a Yamaha RD 350 YPVS to Spain and returning with some 15 kg of olive wood.

Life without a perfect safety net (money, credit carfds, GPS and a string of hotels all pre-booked) is something less folks even know. TBH, my camping days are over. But I've discovered couchsurfing.

This is totally off topic, but I'd like to throw out some statements and wonder what you hard core bodybuilders think?

* it's 80% diet.
* Personally, I'd prefer STRENGTH, not "beach muscles". Can you do a triathlon? do 50 push ups? This kind of thing. (Yes, I know how hard it is to add real muscle mass)
*Youtube has a lot of weird stuff like folks advocating losing weight by sticking to some junk food diets. But there'sa ton of good stuff,too.
* A friend in HCMC wants to become a PT. He's juicing lemon grass and bought a trampoline. Sucha trampoline is working amazingly well and should help busy women, too! One can work up a sweat in say 15 minutes.
* Go try to clean your colon. Psyllium Husk is great when mixed into cold milk or juice.
*Closing, I personally believe that resistance training is the right way for fat people - vs only cardio!

Errm, how much is Cali charging over here?

It's definitely 80% diet as to how you look, you can get abs and never even work out...it's all about how low your bf % is. Training for strength, you'd have to lift heavy. Training for bulk, you'll have to do more reps and sets. But that doesn't mean that you won't get big on a strength routine, as 80% is diet.

Cali is $100 per month basic, or $600-1300 a year depends on your negotiation.

The gym I'm talking about will have just as much amenities as Cali, just with less cardio machines to have room for a bigger weight section. Will also charge 50% less

Hi, see my post. It may help you. Check out their website too for pics. They have a great selection of free weights. They are definitely less priced than Cali n Yoga.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 94#2265466

edited and added link above