Prof. visa while being in home country with POA to our Lawyer

Dear Forum fellows.... Is that true that if we do not want to apply within the Ecuador for Professional visa we can Apply from our home country if we give Power of attorney to our lawyer???? I send an email to a lawyer asking about my eligibility and in response she send me a reply together with their charges and also tell if we want to stay in our home country to wait our professional visa their fees will be higher and they need power of attorney..... is that true??? any senior people and foreigners who already move there please give me your suggestions.... and If possible please so suggest me some good reasonable lawyers!!!

It is possible from the United States. Not only do you have to provide a power of attorney, you will also have to provide  your passport to them for your resident visa.  Is it possible from Europe, Dubai, or Pakistan, perhaps. 

I doubt the lawyer you contacted would lie to you.  Not many lawyers do this type of visa work, it is fairly specialized and requires a lot of work.  It is also much more expensive to get your visa work done outside of Ecuador. Documents must be translated and certified.  That will take a minimum of 3-6 months.  Maybe more.

Here in the US, the cost is $1200.00 or more per person, depending on what type of visa you are seeking.  This does not include visa fees of $350.00.

Any Recommendations Joan??

No, sorry. I am doing it myself, and will go to Ecuador on a pensioner's visa.  After I have established residency, I may or may not register my university degrees, just to have a back up plan.  :)

I'm sure someone will come along that can suggest a lawyer that they have used.

anyone for the suggestions??