What happen with my residency in case of divorce ...???

First of all I would like to welcome everyone to this (specific) topic and say hello to the members of this Expat (Ecuador) forum.

I would like to know if I am going to lose my permanent residency in case of divorce ..???

I am a dutch citizen , who is married to an Ecuadorian wife , because of our marriage if have the permanent residency + my " cedúla "

Hope to recieve soon a response /answer to my question.

Kind regards,

Romeo

(Whatsapp)

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Dear Sienstra,

Welcome to the Ecuador forum.

Is your visa based on your marriage?

If not and you are the primary visa holder, divorce would not affect it.

If you post again, tell us the specific visa you received and whether you or your wife is a listed dependent on the visa.

cccmedia

Dear cccmedia,

Yes , my visa is based on my marriage(matrimonio).

My wife is Ecuatoriana .

If you have Whatsapp I could send you a image / photo of my visa .....

Romeo

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Seek professional help and preferably from an attorney who deals with divorces and immigration. From my limited understanding a marriage based visa can be terminated because of divorce. But there are exceptions but we don't know the details of your divorce for example if there are children involved which may benefit your case. But again we don't know the specifics of your divorce and some of those details may very well go against you.