Migrating to Adelaide

Hi All myself and my family are migrating to Adelaide in January 2015.  could you advise what is the best way to get a job.  I am an accountant and my husband is a joiner/cabinet maker.  He can potentially be in Australia in approximately 3 weeks time.  many thanks Tracy :D

tracypaul wrote:

Hi All myself and my family are migrating to Adelaide in January 2015.  could you advise what is the best way to get a job.  I am an accountant and my husband is a joiner/cabinet maker.  He can potentially be in Australia in approximately 3 weeks time.  many thanks Tracy :D

I take it you have the necessary visas ??
To work here you will need the appropriate visa.

Just be aware the job market is not too bright here as unemployment is rising.
For jobs try www.seek.com.au

Also just a Google search will give you some idea of what jobs are around.

Living costs are high here too so try www.numbeo.com

Good luck.

Hi thank you for your reply.  Yes we have a permanent visa sponsored by government. I have been looking on seek and various other sites. I wandered if anyone had any more tips. Thank you for the website for cost of living. This is something we had to checkout for our sponsorship to proof we are not going blind to the coat of living. I have visited oz and do realise how expensive it is.  My husband will travel first to ensure a safety net and put down some roots before I move with my 6 year old. :)