Looking for volunteer English teachers for a temple in District 7, HCM

Hi expats!

This post is the updated and continuation from a previously created thread:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=316118

We are looking for at least 2 English teachers or native English speaker that can volunteer.

I'm currently teaching English at Giac Nguyen Charity for awhile now and was appointed to help manage the classes. We have 2 classes [beginner & intermediate] and 3 English teachers total. One of our teacher can only teach on Saturday evening. The other two teachers won't be able to teach the next course when this current course ends (ends on Sep 30th). This current course is 3 months long but the next courses can be tweak to 8-10 weeks. The next course can be on Mon/Wed/Fri or Tue/Thu/Sat and start at ~7pm to ~9pm. The session is 1.5 hrs.

Giac Nguyen Charity's English class is for any under-privileged individuals that want to learn English and for volunteers that came to help at Giac Nguyen Charity's other activities. Giac Nguyen temple is located in District 4 but the venue that teachers and students will be at is in District 7. Unfortunately, we don't have chairs or tables but the venue has full AC and VERY spacy. The venue doesn't have a projector but we have 2 large whiteboards. Giac Nguyen Charity is looking for another dedicated venue but it's still not finalized yet.

We have plenty of standalone lesson plans on various topics for both levels. Volunteer teachers can access them, choose a lesson they want to teach, and tweak it to their liking if needed.

There will be a small interview in order to retain quality. Please only apply if you think you are able to commit for at least 1 course (8-10 weeks). If you think you can volunteer in the future, please apply! If you have any questions, you can contact me at comptech88 (at] yahoo [dot) com or 0934 146 159.

Best regards,
Long Mai

Hello and Good after noon ,

How are u ? hope doing well ,,

i come to know about need of English teachers as volunteer teaching at weekend ,,

I am from India , Master degree of Commerce ,can teach English with Yoga as volunteer ,,

Do you wish i apply ?

awaiting your reply along with more information ,,

Best Rgds

jayant Tank
Contact Number :- 0091 9824 803080
Email :- [email protected]

Thanks Jayant! I've sent you a message.

Hi Long Mai,

Can you please post your offer in the Volunteering offers in Ho Chi Minh City section?

Thank you.

[topic closed]

Closed