Where's the best beach town to live?

We are a couple in our 30's and would like to move to a beach town in Ecuador. My husband works from home. We don't want to live somewhere too rural. So far we have researched Salinas and it looks great but we are wondering if there are other somewhat modern beach towns. We don't want to spend much more than $100k for a place on the beach. We are coming down in November or December and are renting a car so we would like to know where to go to look. Thanks!

Hi Erin and welcome to the forums :)
Did you have a look at our Ecuador Classifieds -> accomodation section? Might be a good start!
Good luck
Arlette

Try getting in touch with Pete at canoathrills.com.  He's an expat who moved here with his wife and now own a bar in canoa.. Let me know if you need anything else!

savvyroundtheworld.wordpress.com

Hi Erin...

We live on the beach, and we have seen beach property prices sky rocket in the last three years.  I hate to say it, but looking for a "modern" place on the beach for $100K might involve a lot of "looking", but not much "finding".

There are quite a few "Arizona lot" types of subdivisions going up (partially), mostly hustled by your fellow Gringos.  Please be extremely careful with these.  And, especially don't give them a bunch of dough until you see your dream house mostly completed.  And...use a lawyer from start to finish.

Good luck,

Bob & Roxanne

ErinRiger wrote:

We are a couple in our 30's and would like to move to a beach town in Ecuador. My husband works from home. We don't want to live somewhere too rural. So far we have researched Salinas and it looks great but we are wondering if there are other somewhat modern beach towns. We don't want to spend much more than $100k for a place on the beach. We are coming down in November or December and are renting a car so we would like to know where to go to look. Thanks!

[moderated: kindly write in the language of the forum!]

Thank you so much for your input. Does anyone know anything about the "Spondylus II" condos being built in Salinas? I contacted the realtor selling them and they seem reasonably priced for being right on the beach in Salinas.