Can I buy glasses and contact lenses in Bangkok??

Hi,  I am moving out soon and wear glasses.  I just wondered if anyone knew of a good opticians in Bangkok for me to go to.  Can you get contact lenses easily?

Are there any websites of companies I could look st?  I take it you can get glasses easily?  Can you get designer ones?

Cheers xx

Ofcourse you can! JW

You rite JW

Zoe10,
Think of shoe shops in high street of any city in UK. There are nearly as that many optician shops in BKK. They have both glasses and contact lenses. Unless your eye sight is especially weird then they should set you up with a pair in 10 minutes flat. Glasses may have to wait a few days to fit the frame. Frames are available in abundance, including designer ones. Many types of lenses are available from normal, reduced (thinner). coated with variety of coats. Prices are less than in UK so some friend from UK told me as when he comes over he would get few pairs each time.
Hope that helps you.
Affinity One

Of course definitely you can..

I know you've gotten your lens by now. As soon as I got here it was hard to miss the many optical stores in the malls, in all the popular/big malls. 800baht for a pack of acuvue oasys in Central World (current price). Plus a wide range of designer glasses.