Coming over to seek employment - seeking room for rent

Hi all, hubby, myself and our two sons, 13 and 16 yrs of age, are residing in SA but desperately looking for a way out! Hubby, Henk is on the short skills list under ICT Telecomms as is his qualifications but he is turning 55 in April next year. He does have a good, stable job here in SA, so the only way we can really go over and look for jobs are in February next year. We feel Auckland may be best with more opportunities. He only has one month leave, we are not sure if that will be enough time, but with setting up interviews with agents, maybe a month or so before... If he gets a job, I will also be looking for an Executive Assistant position, but I think he needs to get the job first.... we are looking for someone that might have a bedroom for us to rent, it will only be Henk and I coming at first, if anyone can help it will be highly appreciated... this will be the first time we step into NZ! Excited but also in a way scary! ANY HELP OR ADVISE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!

Hello johanitasa!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

So as to help you get more visibility and response to your post, a new thread was created from the latter on the Auckland Forum

For the room for rent, I would suggest you to place an advert in our section Rooms for rent in Auckland

Regards
Kenjee

johanitasa wrote:

Hi all, hubby, myself and our two sons, 13 and 16 yrs of age, are residing in SA but desperately looking for a way out! Hubby, Henk is on the short skills list under ICT Telecomms as is his qualifications but he is turning 55 in April next year. He does have a good, stable job here in SA, so the only way we can really go over and look for jobs are in February next year. We feel Auckland may be best with more opportunities. He only has one month leave, we are not sure if that will be enough time, but with setting up interviews with agents, maybe a month or so before... If he gets a job, I will also be looking for an Executive Assistant position, but I think he needs to get the job first.... we are looking for someone that might have a bedroom for us to rent, it will only be Henk and I coming at first, if anyone can help it will be highly appreciated... this will be the first time we step into NZ! Excited but also in a way scary! ANY HELP OR ADVISE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED!!

Check this site out for jobs www.seek.co.nz
Rents in Auckland are expensive. Try www. trademe.co.nz or a Google search for shared accommodation.

For accommodation see this reply https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 18#2121491