About fiancee visa in Norway

Do mot risk it. If they notice that you don't have a return ticket they will not let you in. It is not worth it!!
Also, just a word of caution...if you don't have the money to buy a return ticket, sustaining yourself while you wait for the fiancé permit will be difficult. You are not allowed to work while your visa application is processing.

The funds aren't the worry, my boyfriend has a completely paid for apartment and a great job. If I buy my ticket to London will that count? It just needs to be proof of onward travel, correct?

the_sarah93 wrote:

The funds aren't the worry, my boyfriend has a completely paid for apartment and a great job. If I buy my ticket to London will that count? It just needs to be proof of onward travel, correct?

I think that would work just fine.  :top:

ludz wrote:

Anyone here who had experience about fiancee visa?Do you have any updates about your application?How long you been waiting?please share your experience.

Hi, you can use the website to find all the information you need on waiting times.
http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/g … ion-cases/

An onward ticket to the UK should be completely fine :-)
And you can always get a refund on the ticket. That's what I did.

hi Sarah.

welcome to expat.com :)

as a US citizen, you can travel to Norway without a visa and stay here for 90 days. your boyfriend may need to guarantee your stay here, so you wont need to show funds.  you can read more about it here:To visit Norway without a visa - www.UDI.no

about your return ticket, quoting information from the link above:

You must be able to travel back to your home country or the country in which you hold a residence permit at the end of your stay.

this means you need a return ticket.. in my experience, tho I am a citizen of the Philippines and holds a Schengen visa type C (short-stay) whenever i travel to Norway, the immigration at my first Schengen country (which was always in Amsterdam, Netherlands) ALWAYS ask for my return flight... this is to assure that i have a paid ticket to return home within the validity of my visa, so i will not overstay... for your case, i guess this means you still need to document a flight back to US regardless of your exit to London... unless you hold a residence permit for the UK..

also in my experience, roundtrip tickets had always cost less than one-way tickets... i've been using KLM everytime though... i tried to check your route from Nashville to Oslo with trips January - April, roundtrip cost around $1,300 compared to one-way that cost $2,500... KLM always have ticket sale on rountrip flights.. try check their prices here: KLM website

about your application for fiancee permit:
yes, you can apply for a fiancee permit while in Norway, if you are a skilled worker (means you have a degree or a college graduate)... and with or without getting an approval for your fiancee permit, you still have to get married as planned (within 6 months after application of fiancee permit), so you will be able to renew to a Spouse visa.. otherwise, risk getting denied for a permit... please read more about it here: Family immigration with Norwegian citizen - UDI.no
when you click on HOW TO APPLY, you will see there that you have an option to submit your application while in Norway under certain conditions...

hope this helps :)

note:
- UDI stands for Utlendingsdirektoratet, which is the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration
- fiancee visa and spouse visa are both types of residence permits under family immigration

Hi everyone!

I handed in my application for an Engagement Permit in the Philippines April of this year. Still waiting and getting the monthly emails from UDI stating that my application is still waiting to be processed. Since my fiance is below 25 years old, we're expecting him to be called in for an interview. Has anyone here had the same experience involving an interview? If so, how long did you have to wait for the interview?

Thanks!

helo
everybody ....
last two weeks anybody get answer from udı?
why evry body soo quiet...

ı hope soon get all nııce news...

Hi Everyone,

I got my visa approved the other day after waiting for 9 months. Even if my fiance is under 25 years old, there was no interview.

Good luck everyone! :)

how?
my fıanceee to they dont call for ıntervıew we are waıted 6 mounth...
you can expalaın?
thıs same other country apply same ? 9 mounth?

Hasan,

The processing time is always different for everyone.

Only UDI knows why/when others gets approved fast or if it will take a long time.

they dont call for ınterwıev thıs normal? we passed 6 mounth

og
end
18 mounth soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long :huh::sosad::joking::blink:

Some people gets called for interview and some don't.

It is not the same for everyone. That is why you should relax and wait. And don't compare your process to them because every application is different.

For mine we did not get any interview. UDI page said 18 months but it real life i got result in 11 months.

Just wait patiently. Goodluck on your application.

hasan351 wrote:

og
end
18 mounth soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long :huh::sosad::joking::blink:

Hi Hassan,  it is a long wait but time goes by...  waiting 9 months today.. Got the usual waiting to be processed email today... I only hope the fact that my fiancė and i both studied in England together helps us avoid the interview...

Don't worry you will be 18 months before you know...let's all hope for no further complications..

Lykke til

thanks abımk ..realy...ım stıll ı dont understand ım sory ...now waıtıng tıme 9 mounth? or 18 mounth?

ı hope everybody get soon good news...
waiting  wıth love sooo hard ...

hasan351 wrote:

thanks abımk ..realy...ım stıll ı dont understand ım sory ...now waıtıng tıme 9 mounth? or 18 mounth?

I am on my 9th month...it is 18 months on the website but like you can see here a lot of people get a response in the 9th 10th 11th or 12th month and some on their 6 month or 18th month...let's just hope for no complications in the end...like we all get an approval...that's what is important.

but they can to say no...?udı after 18 mounth say refused*?

heloooooooooooo
everybody sleepıng?

have anynews?
ohhhh ım feelıng lıke stone on beach ....just waıtıng a wave from ocean...

or anybady call udı?
thıs llooks ımpossıble yesterday ım try maybe 1000 tımes...butt just ım lısten classsıc musıc...sooo long waıt for anybody to talk?

yourrs can say me when best of tıme to call udı for ...
ım waıtıng help ...
tusen takk
good  day

The ideal is to be ready around 8.45 in the morning norwegian time so you are able to call on their opwning hours at 9.

But patience is really the key. When i was calling before i had to wait more than an hour too to talk to someone in udi.

This juke?
Seruiosly?
This imposiible....  i just wantva questionnn
Why so hard?

As i have said i experienced it. And it is not a joke.

It is a common sense that you have to consider all the applicants in the world who calls/contacts the UDI compared to the ratio of the number of operators in UDI. Just imagine how many applicants wants to call and ask about their application like you and that answers your question.

That is why it takes a long time, obviously if you try to call as early as they open you will have a higher chance to be in front of the call
line and be answered first.

Quick update...9th Month as I posted earlier and I have received the email saying our application is being transferred to Politiet for interview... Thank God!

Should not be much longer right? From most of the cases I have read about on here usually 2-3months more... anyone know what the interviews are like?

Hopefully for good news...x

congratulations abimk

Guys, on average how long it takes if they call us for an interview..?
Mine 5 months passed, nothing other then automated emails.

Also, Is it true If we have University degree we can get married in Norway while on visit visa ?  is there any official version regarding that...

Thanks in Advance :)

I don't know anything about the interview because I haven't been called for one.

If you have applied outside Norway you will not be able to enter Norway because you have a visa application pending. However if you have not yet applied you can come to Norway on a visit visa, then as a skilled worker (because you have a university degree) you can hand in your application in Norway and you can also stay in Norway while you waiapplication to process your application. While your visa is being processed you can get married. There's a lot of paperwork involved but it's possible.

This is what I did: I came to Norway at the end of July 2015 and handed in my application on August 10, 2015. Then we started planning for the wedding. We wanted to get married in August or September while my visitor's visa was still valid but Skatteetaten made a mistake and we ran out of time :-(

However, through a loophole and some paperwork we were able to get married on January 15, 2016 :-)
I have been here for 6 months and I'm still waiting for my visa to be processed but at least I get to wait with my husband.

hi ab4cd.

there are no education restrictions in getting married in norway... as long as both are free-to-marry and are legally staying here (means with a valid visa), then you can get married.. please check further here: Marriage - Skatteetaten.no
Skatteetaten is Norway's national registry and also their tax bureau.

you can also read more on a thread i started about this here: Marriage in Norway on a Tourist Visa

to clarify, there are no education restrictions in getting married in Norway.. APPLYING FOR A RESIDENCE PERMIT WHILE IN NORWAY on the otherhand, is a totally different story..

hope this helps :)

Thanks both of you for helpful answers.

I was amazed to see this loophole under skilled visa category. No official told us about it then when we were in the country together. As I was in Norway in Multiple times along with having few degrees We didn't exploit that option.

Thanks again :)

We did not know about that too but it is ok! Half way gone on the waiting process now...wrote a silly post about waiting for the UDI on my blog...
calebsgirl.com/how-to-cope-with-waiting-on-udi/ Feel free to read and may be have a laugh...

Is anyone here planning to enrol in a Language Course or know a good language school in Oslo? is there a different thread for that?

Lykke til alle sammen!

heı
anybody have news?

about fıancee case answer from udı*?

helo  evrbody
ı have a qestıon
my fianceeand me a mounth before send for udı a emaıl but they not answer anythıng ...(negatıve or posıtıve) thıs normal ?
and last week 24/01/2016 ı send back agaın emaıl but not any answer
have same exprınce?
thıs normal? or not?

Udi have always replied to my emails. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks but they have always replied.

Why don't you or your fiancé call them. If you call at 9am when the lines open you don't wait long at all.

Which email do you for contact.

I usually use the UDI website.
Here's a link to the contact page:
https://www.udi.no/en/contact-us/applic … migration/
You can choose the preferences that apply to you.

Thanks TMilimo :)

Hello Pheebs let me ask a querry hope you help me. After finish a fingerprints and photograps it is important to go to hospital to check the said tuberculosis? I not yet do. and I think politi tell us only I not understand. pls. help.

twinkler wrote:

Hello Pheebs let me ask a querry hope you help me. After finish a fingerprints and photograps it is important to go to hospital to check the said tuberculosis? I not yet do. and I think politi tell us only I not understand. pls. help.

Regarding my experience with the tuberculosis test, I received the paper of request from the politi at the same time i was applying for the residence card.

Like what Pheebz did you can call the kommune or politi :)

Thank you Stephy I didnt call yet the kummune I need to wait 1 week as what Politi said about the residence card and besides they give me a paper and I read it is same as from embassy Manila the granting letter I do not know if it is a request to bring to hospital.