Trying to Move to New Zealand

Hi Everyone.

My name is Tricia and i have a few questions for people who currently are Americans living in New Zealand.  First off I have connections with the country cause my mom was born and raised in Auckland and i still have family there.  I have recently applied for duel citizenship because i am considered a citizen of descent so hopefully i will receive that soon.  But i have been to the country before and i fell in love with it.  I currently live in NJ with my husband and we hate it here! I am unemployed due to budget cuts and we are not doing well here but i believe we can do good in NZ if we can find jobs.  I have a Public Health and was wondering if anyone could tell me how the job market is for Health Educators? Also my husband has a degree in Hospitality Management how is the market for that?  Also for Americans living in NZ how was the move emotionally and financially?  How much did it cost to move there? Do you miss America a lot or do you find that over time you have adjusted well to NZ?  Like i said i feel i will love it being there again with family and friends but as much as my husband is willing to go i am wondering how it will affect him leaving America for a while.   I am sure i have more questions i just can't think of them right now..But thanks for listening and i can't wait to read your responses!

Hi and welcome on board of Expat.com, psheik! :)

Thank you :)

I can't tell you anything about the job situation, but I can tell you that there's a bigger culture shock than you would imagine. Having family here to help you adjust will be a big help. I have been here since 2006 and only miss Walmart!

hi have u looked on the NZ DHB websites - u can just google it. I have seen quite a lot of jobs advertised for health educators. I am a nurse looking for work and whilst looking I have noticed there r a few advertised at the mo, good luck x:)