Newcomer in January 2011

Hello everyone,

I am moving over to Auckland in January 2011 and I am looking for new friends who would like to share their experience, recommendations and tips.

I am excited about the adventure to come but it needs nice people around to fully enjoy it. And I do not know any yet:-)

Looking forward to hearing from you who want share their view.

Thank you and have a nice day,   
Martina

Welcome to Expat-blog, Martina :)

Your post has been redirected to the Auckland forum for effective communication.

To establish international contacts and make friends, you should view the Auckland expat network.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi

I'm also moving to Auckland in Jan from the UK. I'm coming over with my fiancee and he has a friend in Auckland and a job to go to so it would be great for me to meet some other girls who I can hang out with. It doesn't look like I'll be working for a few weeks when I get over there so am planning on just trying to find a place to live, find work and just explore!

What are your plans when you arrive in NZ? Do you know where you're planning on living?

Safe journey

Kirsten

Hi all,

My advice about meeting new people in Auckland would be to think about places that you would find others that have common interests.

To share my personal experience, I like live music and open mics so I started checking up bars, pubs and cafes that run these sorta things and go there. Once I started going to these places, I'd start conversations with the bartender and with some of the performers, which is really easy because everyone has the same interest. And I've made genuine friends this way, not just acquaintances.

I find people here laid back and friendly, though it is a sweeping statement, it has held true as long as i've been here.

All the best to those coming here soon, hope you settle in well!

Hi Martina,

Welcome to the beautiful green city of Auckland;)  Feel free to contact me if you need some guide and tips.  Are you here for education or tourism?

;))

Hi Martina, happy to meet up and let you know what I know about Auckland. I'm a bit rusty having been away a number of years but it's been fun so far rediscovering my home town. The sun is out today so I'm off rollerblading along East Tamaki Drive.

Hi Steve,
thank you for your message! I am currently travelling and I will be back in 10 days or so. I will let you know when am back in the city.
Happy Sunday!
Martina

Hi Martina, thanks for your reply. Hope you have a fun time away. I don't have any pic to put up on this website but your most welcomed to check out my videos on you tube. Just search for "steven bissett" and "dallas, twickenham, groomers etc." The rollerblading was fun by the way. Later Steve

Hi Martina,

Are you still on the forum?

I am Cornelia, from Europe and would definitely like to know more about your experience here in New Zealand. I have been living here for several months but still trying to make friends.

Let me know how it all worked out for you,
Cornelia

Hello Cornelia,
thank you for your message. From which part of Europe do you come from? When did you arrive? Are you working?

I was supposed to be in Singapore since yesterday however due to the volcano in Chile I got stuck here in auckland. I am rebooked for Sunday morning. Hope it will be already functioning by then but if not we can catch for a coffee next week. What do you think?
Please reply on my email: [email protected].

Cheers,
Martina

Hi Martina,

Yeap,it would be great. Just let me know.

Cheers,
Cornelia

Hello Cornelia,
I am leaving Auckland Friday morning in the end. Hopefully the flight will be not cancelled again.
I could meet you for a coffee tomnorrow afternoon if you like. Do you go to work or you can meet me around 4 or so?
Please email me at [email protected] or call at 021 183 6275.
Have a nice day,
Martina